S244 is out

Years back, if a receiver's sw version was old enough you could force an update. Not sure if that is the case anymore.

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I started with Dish in 2005 and the 522 was fairly new then and you could NOT force a s/w update. So, "years back" has to be 7+ years or more.

I started with Dish in 2005 and the 522 was fairly new then and you could NOT force a s/w update. So, "years back" has to be 7+ years or more.

I am referring to a receiver that is supposed to have a current version but for whatever reason (no signal, unplugged,etc.) It never updated. In those cases you could force an update. But again, who knows anymore.

Anyone getting cutoff when watching an EHD program? I started having this problem after 244. It has happened on both my hoppers. It happened about half way through the program.

One minor inconvenience I've seen is that the close button on the caller ID popup doesn't work anymore. It does go away on its own, but you can't clear it like you used to....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a nuisance to me as well primarily because, not only are you unable to click & close the notification, you also cannot perform any other functions with the remote until the Caller ID notification times out. Apparently, the notification prevents remote control access while it's active.

I am also still experiencing periodic audio & video interruptions while watching live local content while PTAT is recording. I *seem* to have discovered a workaround by using the red button to "join" the program content rather than merely changing channels. Doing so during PTAT seems to result in watching the contents as they are actually being recorded (runs a good bit behind live) and so far after joining and re-watching past the last glitch viewed live, has not recurred.

Sent from my Droid RAZR MAXX using Tapatalk2

I can't even get past s234. I don't understand why I can't get updates.

It will get there when Dish decides to go full distribution....

Yes but S238 came after S234 and before S244. He's still on S234.

Years back, if a receiver's sw version was old enough you could force an update. Not sure if that is the case anymore.

I am referring to a receiver that is supposed to have a current version but for whatever reason (no signal, unplugged,etc.) It never updated. In those cases you could force an update. But again, who knows anymore.

Well, not sure why either, but right after I made this post we went out to eat with the kids and grandchildren and when we got home I checked system status and it was updated. I made sure the hopper and all joeys were off when we left. At first I thought maybe I misread the software version but I don't think so because I checked a few of the things that were fixed or changed like the folders in DVR being able to see the highlighted one as opposed to how it was before and it is different now. Maybe the way the wife and I work shift work on opposite shifts and our son staying up all night, something on the system was on to often. Never thought about it before but at least we got it now and will have to pay attention more often.
Thanks.

Kenny
Oh and my internet has beed messed up all day. Just now able to post.

Program starts at end?

Just started watching a recording from last night that happens to be part of PTAT, but for which I also have a timer set. I had never watched this program at all prior to this evening. When I started playback, I selected the icon and the program started playback...about two minutes prior to the END of the recording!?!

Especially annoying seeing as how it is The Apprentice and I now have seen who gets fired before I've even watched the episode!(yeah yeah I know, trash TV and all! LOL)

I then hit stop, returned to the DVR list, and selected the icon for the show once again. I then selected "start over", and the flipping thing started at the end of the recording again! The only way that I could start from the beginning of the program was to manually rewind to the beginning. Since it is part of PTAT I had to stop the rewind before it went to the previous show (The Voice).

Has anyone experienced something similar where the initial playback of recording will start only at the end of it?

Well, I was out of town for a week. Hit "Guide" and my "Faves" list still came up first. Still don't believe defaulting to My Channels is the default on purpose, IMO.

Well, I was out of town for a week. Hit "Guide" and my "Faves" list still came up first. Still don't believe defaulting to My Channels is the default on purpose, IMO.

The only time that it should go back to "My Channels" is if "All Channels" is selected.  If the user selects "My HD Channels", then it should stay on it.

Both of my hoppers still default to my channels not the faves list & the menus after deleting recordings between hoppers are not refreshing correctly - frequently says no recordings when there are plenty available.

On 244, my hopper now comes up on ch 100 after being turned off and my channels. Turn off is with the remote. Also a joey set to never turn off in setup, turns off, now. Hate that.

I feel like a beta tester nearly every day with my Hopper there are enough good things that the hopper does that it keeps me using it. The 722 K I had worked flawlessly I never had a problem with it seeing the external drives this one almost every day has to be reset to see the external drives . And one of the most frustrating thing that others have mentioned on here is the inability of the hopper to remember your favorite channels. Every night I have add some channels that that lost back to the men, for example I'm losing channel 14 hi def every night if you call the helpline you get India or someone who says there will be an update for that coming soon. I hope so much that they fix the external drive problem and being able to actually keep my favorites list set with the numbers that I have set 30 times realize I like dish I've had them for 10 years I beleive but this hopper really need is some more preparation before releasing it maybe I should see if the email hopperbetatester is available

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)