S244 is out

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I rec'd the update a few days ago and just tried this -- I'm not seeing it. Does it indicate that one of the items is a DVR event ? Or do you just have to know it is ?

Yes it says DVR right under the icon. Maybe you have watched four different channels since the last DVR recording you watched. I will try a test out now.

I rec'd the update a few days ago and just tried this -- I'm not seeing it. Does it indicate that one of the items is a DVR event ? Or do you just have to know it is ?

Hall, I just ran a test on one of my Hoppers and the Recall is working good. I think the reason you are not seeing a DVR listed in your last recall four channel list is you may have watched four different channels since you watched a DVR recording.

Yes it says DVR right under the icon. Maybe you have watched four different channels since the last DVR recording you watched. I will try a test out now.

^this...

There is (or al least there was) a setting for the recall to either give you a choice of recalls or just go back to last viewed. If you're set to the "old school" behavior, you might not see the DVR choice.

^this...

There is (or al least there was) a setting for the recall to either give you a choice of recalls or just go back to last viewed. If you're set to the "old school" behavior, you might not see the DVR choice.

Yep, just ran another test. You have to have the On or On, Immediate selected in the Multi-Channel Recall menu. If you have Off selected it will not go back to a DVR recording when the Recall button is punched. Or at least that is what it is doing in my Hopper with Sling.

No, it's set to the new style recall function. I get (4) icons like expected. It's certainly possible, and likely, that no one had watched a DVR event. Lots of channel surfing...

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

All is well. I played back a DVR event, stopped it to watch live TV, and tried the recall and it displays as described (didn't select it to see how it works further).

All is well. I played back a DVR event, stopped it to watch live TV, and tried the recall and it displays as described (didn't select it to see how it works further).

When you press select, it resumes the event where you left off. I love it. :)

Posted Using The New SatelliteGuys Reader App!

Yes, I tried it a bit later after posting earlier. I was hoping the default action would be to just start playing (resume) with no interaction.

Wish it could recall the program (and position) from the EHD.

The EHD position gets erased after a reboot and thus you cannot know whether you have viewed that program let alone start where you left off. Not doing as well as it used to nor as well as the 722.

-Ken

Wish it could recall the program (and position) from the EHD.

The EHD position gets erased after a reboot and thus you cannot know whether you have viewed that program let alone start where you left off. Not doing as well as it used to nor as well as the 722.

-Ken

I concur with that. All of the recordings in one of my EHD have all been viewed. Yet some of them the resume is there and some of them aren't, you have to start over. Also when you stop a recording and click on DVR it takes you completely out of your EHD.

I should have said the position is gone after reboot for newly recorded programs, the old, old ones are fine--so it used to work.

Yes, I complain about not returning to the position in the menu where you entered the program, or the next program when you delete one--you should be able to go from one EHD recording to the next without half a dozen steps.

-Ken

I love the new DVR in the recall list and it works great here. One thing I'm not sure about, I was trying to pause a DVR event and resume on another TV and couldn't seem to do it. I was watching the Masters in the Family Room and needed to move to the kitchen. Couldn't get it to resume up there. Is this a S244 thing or possibly because the event was still recording? I was about an hour behind live.

I think you meant "It's a STUPID Dish thing.":D I kept telling my wife, Iknow this thing will pause here and resume there. But it wouldn't. Thanks for clearing that up for me. You would think the Hopper would know you already watched part of it from one location. I was not watching it from a tuner live. I went into the DVR to watch after it started. Frustrating. Maybe they will work on it.

My theory is that the recording must finish for the resume to work is that it must have a reference point between the start and finish.
Another reason I've stuck with my 722. I can watch and resume a DVR title while it's recording, as long as I'm watching from the tv location that isn't doing the recording.

Another reason I've stuck with my 722. I can watch and resume a DVR title while it's recording, as long as I'm watching from the tv location that isn't doing the recording.

As nice as that is, I wouldn't be willing to give up whole-home DVR, HD in all rooms, more tuners, massive HDD, overall better interface, just for that. 722 is still a great receiver, hence why I still have the 722k, but there's just no comparison. Hopper outshines it in (almost) every way.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts