S2X Satellite Transponders

Status
Please reply by conversation.
You will have too check whats available at your side of the pond, as long has you have the correct receiver/TV its not a problem,

This is from 33E here in the UK from my LG TV.
rr.PNG

aa.PNG

Well I am looking for some for America Satellites I am having a hard time locating them..
It seems likely that none exist as Brct203 noted so you're probably banging your head against the wall in vain.

DBS-S2X is a EU standard (European Telecommunications Standards Institute) so it doesn't follow that the US would be quick to adopt it. Things may change if the standard is adopted by the ITU.

It seems likely that none exist as Brct203 noted so you're probably banging your head against the wall in vain.

DBS-S2X is a EU standard (European Telecommunications Standards Institute) so it doesn't follow that the US would be quick to adopt it. Things may change if the standard is adopted by the ITU.

I have heard that someone found a S2X data transponder on 87 W C-Band - However I do not know the details

Probably at least six months or even a year before the first S2X feed pops up in North America... all the S2X capable equipment is brand new and so is the most expensive and providers aren't investing much money in satellite based operations anymore. With the imminent hostile takeover of the C-band by the government, all the money for upgrades is being spent on fiber distribution. Providers are more interested in killing off their satellite uplinks and distributing their fronthauls via fiber and backhauling remotes via microwave/cell phone networks rather than upgrading their satellite tech again...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)