S511 this morning on my hopper 3 DVR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Hmmm, just for giggles, I re-scanned my local OTA stations, and I am now watching "Dennis the Menace" on my local AntennaTV sub-channel with no dropouts or pixelation. KAB try re-scanning your Locals and see if this "fixes" your OTA channels. I expect the fix won't last more than a day, though...

Hmmm, just for giggles, I re-scanned my local OTA stations, and I am now watching "Dennis the Menace" on my local AntennaTV sub-channel with no dropouts or pixelation. KAB try re-scanning your Locals and see if this "fixes" your OTA channels. I expect the fix won't last more than a day, though...
That's not much different than just tuning to a channel since you are using the Hopper. Wait until morning, it will be broke again unfortunately.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

That's not much different than just tuning to a channel since you are using the Hopper
That's watching the channel from the 4K Joey. Like I said, I expect it will be broken again in the morning.

That's watching the channel from the 4K Joey. Like I said, I expect it will be broken again in the morning.
Right, by doing a scan you forced the Hopper to use the OTA tuner, which makes things work temporarily on the joeys. My guess is the nightly reboot is what then hoses that up causing the issue to occur again.

Right, by doing a scan you forced the Hopper to use the OTA tuner, which makes things work temporarily on the joeys. My guess is the nightly reboot is what then hoses that up causing the issue to occur again.

If only the Hopper could automatically scan for new local channels after the nightly reboot. Then, that would fix the issue completely.

Like I said, I expect it will be broken again in the morning.
Yep, OTA viewing on the 4K Joey is broke as usual.
If only the Hopper could automatically scan for new local channels after the nightly reboot.
I wonder if a Hopper-fired timer of one of the OTA channels at 6am or so might be enough to "fix" the OTA situation. I'll have to try that.

Edit: *$^@&&! Is there no way to create a manual timer on the Hopper? This is a massive disappointment. There is no way to make sure I auto-tune the same channel at the same time on a daily basis. And the only reason to do so is to possibly fix the FUBAR OTA situation, so of the two, I would rather Dish fix the OTA module, precluding the need for the Manual DVR event in the first place.

Last edited:
Yep, OTA viewing on the 4K Joey is broke as usual.I wonder if a Hopper-fired timer of one of the OTA channels at 6am or so might be enough to "fix" the OTA situation. I'll have to try that.
People have said creating an auto tune timer has worked for them. I set one for 6am and when I went to watch a program around 4pm it pixelated for me so didn't work.

And, since we are talking about OTA, a fast way to create a manual timer from the guide would be to select an upcoming guide block for one of the stations in the guide that does not have guide information, and only displays the call letters in each guide block. That will automatically take you to the screen to create a manual timer for that channel.

Reactions: JSheridan
Ah, thank you for the hint! It's not exactly what I'm used to, but it will work. A 5am Auto-Tune on the Hopper 3 for one of the OTA sub channels has been created.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)