S542 Hopper with Sling

Hmm, well then maybe the release is for fixes planned and avoid mixing it in with the CUI upgrade. That might help the HelpDesk with what will probably be a flood of calls when the CUI is delivered. Speaking of which I'm surprised the other thread where some here got mail notification isn't very active. Yeah a couple folks got notified but I expected pages more of "I got the mail today" or "me too" .

Sometimes for a really big update, a package of software is sent ahead as a preparation for the system so the actual install goes a bit faster and smoother, and considering how big the Carbon UI upgrade will be, it would not surprise me a package was sent as a prep. But, I really don't know. All I do know is when the Carbon UI goes wide release, I am gonna get phone calls, and may even have to go to my elder aunt and uncle not too far away and "FIX" things for them. I hope not.

Dish Anywhere on iPhone working fine for me watching HWS that has S542.
I also forgot to add earlier that I have not received any email regarding CUI.

Reactions: navychop
Just remembered something else. In diagnostics there a selection for Update. That may have been there already, I haven't been in diagnostics for a long time. I also didn't select it, not ready to force CUI on the household. If that's what it would have done. I didn't want to take a chance.

Just remembered something else. In diagnostics there a selection for Update. That may have been there already, I haven't been in diagnostics for a long time. I also didn't select it, not ready to force CUI on the household. If that's what it would have done. I didn't want to take a chance.

"Updates" with a green up arrow just sets inactivity stand by time.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)