SA 8300HDC No Signal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jmoney442

Original poster
Jul 9, 2012
Longwood
Help if you can please...

I have the SA 83000HDC converter from BrightHouse. It's hooked up to my Samsung by HDMI. I also have my PS3 hooked up by HDMI. The tv only has 2 HDMI ports. The other day, the box just stopped sending a signal to the TV. I tried using the port the PS3 was using, I tried switching the cables altogether. That didn't work. I went and picked up a new converter today and it still won't get a signal. The box itself seems fine. Displays time, changes channel, etc. It's just not sending a signal to the tv and it's starting to piss me off. Any suggestions?

BHNtechXpert said:
Check the cable....just in case. If you swapped out the box it isn't the box.

I used the HDMI cable from the PS3 to hook up the box, but that didn't work. Could there be an issue with the cable connection to my room?

I used the HDMI cable from the PS3 to hook up the box, but that didn't work. Could there be an issue with the cable connection to my room?

Could there be? Of course. If the signal is not getting INTO the box, it won't be sending anything out, will it?

Can you get any menus to display? You mention the PS 3...but you never say if IT is able to display picture to the TV. If so, use THAT port on the TV and THAT HDMI cable, and then you know the cable and the port and the TV are OK.

Then, the problem is from the box itself or back upstream. Since you switched the box, and ASSUMING it was plugged in with a good cable into a good port on a good TV--then it would not be the box. By process of elimination, it is upstream (cable in your house or further back).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts