SA in Mexico

RadioRazorback

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 21, 2005
Arkansas
Just moved to Mexico recently and am a subscriber to SA. I would like to keep SA if possible. In order to pick up SA signal in central Mexico what size dish and what kind of LNB will I need (Lat. 22.1, Long. 101.0). I have a 508 receiver. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks! :)

In which city are U? I'm in Queretaro and as I know there is no problem to get Dish Network or SkyAngel. I just ordered a Dish network system from the US. The dish should have at least 3 feet. With the 2 feet dish from Dish Network you may have some problems. The LNB will not change.

I am in San Luis Potosi. I have read here somewhere on the forum that you could pick up E* in Mexico but wasn't sure about what size dish I needed. I have a 30" DirecTV dish but have not had any luck finding any signal whatsoever.

Dish size for SLP

A friend of mine uses a 120 cm offset dish in Guadalajara, I guess you need the same size dish to get Sky Angel in SLP.

The elevation for Echostar 3 at 61.5° in your city is 38.8°, and the Azimuth is 114.57°, to get an idea where you should aim your dish to, look for the Mexican SKY dishes, they point to PAS9 at 58°, it's very near from Sky Angel's satellite.

Thanks cavitron for the info. Sorry, so slow on reply, I have been out of town for several days. I think I have found a good deal on a 180 cm or even possibly a 240 cm dish (used). It may be bigger than I need but since I have been checking out this site I have a sudden intrest in FTA. Maybe I can get a FTA receiver when I go home for Christmas and take advangtage of the bigger dish. :)

RadioRazorback said:
Thanks cavitron for the info. Sorry, so slow on reply, I have been out of town for several days. I think I have found a good deal on a 180 cm or even possibly a 240 cm dish (used). It may be bigger than I need but since I have been checking out this site I have a sudden intrest in FTA. Maybe I can get a FTA receiver when I go home for Christmas and take advangtage of the bigger dish. :)

You're welcome razorback :)

I don't think you will get advantage of a bigger dish if you are going to aim it at 61.5°, because there's no FTA on that bird. To take advantage of an FTA receiver, you'll need a 90 cm dish with a motor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)