SA PowerVu Receiver

Status
Please reply by conversation.

olliec420

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 4, 2007
Pensacola, FL
As none of you know, i have a computer and electronics recycling company (www.pensacolarecycles.com if your so inclined), one of our drop off points had this in it the other day. It powers on (i can tell via the light on the front have not connected to a tv yet)

Wondering what the hell it is or does, and if anyone has one is there any ITC powervu stuff up there.

All i have is Ku so if its all C band stuff no use to me.

I assume Ice knows everything there is to know about this thing lol

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    887.3 KB · Views: 165
  • photo copy.JPG
    photo copy.JPG
    792.5 KB · Views: 173
Last edited by a moderator:
Hey thats the 9234 model. I had one of those :)

They are mainly used for the Armed Forces Network (for the military)...the name may have changed. Its a subscription service only for the military
It can be used to get in the clear DVB stuff but can take some time to program

Here is the manual
http://www.satelliteguys.us/downloads.php?do=file&id=108

easiest thing to do is search "D9234" here. Lots of info out there...a big thread on powervu receivers that has a ton of good links too
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/149565-PowerVu-receivers?highlight=d9234

without a receiver I dont think you can do much because one remote button isnt on the front

interesting, i knew you would know LOL

i will have to play with this a lil on a boring weekend this winter

playing is always fun, if nothing else will scrap it, unless someone wants it for the reasonable shipping cost :) (fedex probably $10 to $15 in the lower 48 its not very heavy)

i assumed that it was recycled because auth was done, but then again maybe it still is in service and they just switched to another method of deliver like iptv, who knows

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts