Sabathia in Contention for NL Cy Young?

The stage was set for an epic summer showdown between two very talented teams, and look what we got instead. Last Summer we wasted the career seasons by Granderson, Magglio, and Polanco. This year the Indians are wasting a career year by Lee. What's happening with the players you guys got for CC?

The stage was set for an epic summer showdown between two very talented teams, and look what we got instead. Last Summer we wasted the career seasons by Granderson, Magglio, and Polanco. This year the Indians are wasting a career year by Lee. What's happening with the players you guys got for CC?

Funny you ask Paul. Just yesterday, the top guy we got for Sabathia (Matt LaPorta) was plunked in the head at the Olympics by a Chinese Pitcher! He was rushed to the hospital in Beijing, but appears to be ok thank God.

A little bit of "chin music" in that game, by both sides.

Yeah. I guess LaPorta knocked over the Chinese catcher on a play at the plate earlier in the game. The catcher left with a knee injury.

In LaPorta's next at bat, he was hit in the helmet with a fastball going right at his head! LaPorta went down hard and the pitcher was ejected. The thing was, this was the 5th U.S. player hit by the team China!

Team USA ended up beating China 9-1.

I don't have a problem with Laporta running over the catcher that is baseball, but to intentionally throw at somebody's head is just disgusting and the pitcher should be banned from the olympics.

I think the voters will not be overly impressed with what c.c."what have you done for me lately" sabathia has done; he is pitching in a league where batters have yet to face him all year and there is no DH. Sabathia is performing well because the book is not out on him yet in the league; let's wait and see when he gets a few starts against some lineups before we crown him the second coming of CY.

Now, let's look at the darkhouse . . . tim lincencum who unlike c.c. sabathia did earlier in the season, is winning with probably one of baseball's most horrible offenses. If lincecum could do it, voters can easily make the case that sabathia could have done that as well in the first half