teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
Hi,

I've been an E* sub for 9 years and am thinking about making the jump to D*.

I have a few questions about D*:

1. Are FSN Bay Area HD and CSNW HD available as even part time channels? I searched and it says that FSNBA is on a spotbeam. Can it be viewed around here? I would hate to give up the Sharks.

2. As for the HR20. How may total tuners does it have (OTA and SAT)? 2 Sat tuners? If so, does it require more than one line in to the receiver, or does it use a separator like the E* receivers.

3. After reading the threads, new HD channels are being shown in full resolution. HAve the original channels been bumped back up to 1920x1080? I thought I read at least Discovery Theater had.

4. Are the Sacramento area locals 1280x1080 (except Fox which is 720p)?

5. Do they waive te DVR fee if you have something similar to the Everything pack?

I'll probably have other questions. TIA.

S~

Last edited:
1. Are FSN Bay Area HD and CSNW HD available as even part time channels? I searched and it says that FSNBA is on a spotbeam. Can it be viewed around here? I would hate to give up the Sharks.

FSN Bay Area HD is not available in the Sacramento market as of yet. I'm sure there will be changes coming up in the near future (like next month.)

2. As for the HR20. How may total tuners does it have (OTA and SAT)? 2 Sat tuners? If so, does it require more than one line in to the receiver, or does it use a separator like the E* receivers.

The HR20 has dual satellite tuners, which at this time require separate lines to be run from the dish/multiswitch to each tuner. However, the HR20 is the first receiver that can utilize the Single Wire Multiswitch (SWM), which allows one cable connected to SAT IN 1 to run both satellite tuners. The HR20 also has dual OTA tuners, which can be fed by a single OTA antenna cable.

3. After reading the threads, new HD channels are being shown in full resolution. HAve the original channels been bumped back up to 1920x1080? I thought I read at least Discovery Theater had.

I have no info about that. You'll have to wait for a reply from someone who has the ability to analyze the signal coming in from the satellite.

4. Are the Sacramento area locals 1280x1080 (except Fox which is 720p)?

Well, ABC also broadcasts 720p, so they would be in the same resolution as the Fox station, but again I can't answer your question.

5. Do they waive te DVR fee if you have something similar to the Everything pack?

That would be the Premier package, and D* no longer offers free DVR service with that package.

I'll probably have other questions. TIA.

We'll have answers!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts