Which generations of tuners works with 3 LNB's?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Andrewwski

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 24, 2007
Sorry if this has been answered before...I searched these forums as well as the internet and cannot come up with an answer.

Which generations of DirecTV receivers work with a 3 LNB dish? I assume first generation tuners (such as RCA model DRD203RW) do not work?

Thanks in advance!

Thanks...however I don't see a mention of compatibilty with a 3 LNB dish in there.

Sorry if this has been answered before...I searched these forums as well as the internet and cannot come up with an answer.

Which generations of DirecTV receivers work with a 3 LNB dish? I assume first generation tuners (such as RCA model DRD203RW) do not work?

Thanks in advance!
They do work,but only on the 101 satellite. If you have 3lnb dish then you must have a "Multi -Satellite receiver",If you want 110 and 119 .Otherwise your only going to receive programming from the 101 satellite. The very first RCA's are not. I have one.If you buy a receiver just make sure it says MULTI SATELLITE RECEIVER

Thanks...that's what I thought. Is there any list somewhere that shows what channels are on which satellite?

Looks like I'll probably be buying a new one.

Also the access card thats in your receiver is most likely out of date ,so you will have to buy a new one from Directv. I think its still around $20.

Directv Plus receivers will receive all 3 sats on a 3 LNB dish. Unless your locals come off 119 or you want Spanish or Chinese programming 101 is all you need to receive.

I just figured that out from the list. Thanks!

Looks like all I need now is to order an access card.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)