Sad news- legendary Raider George Blanda passes away at the age of 83

Hate to hear that. As a youngster when I first became interested in the NFL, I saw a documentary about the Raiders and became an instant fan...that was my team for a while. I remember Blanda coming in as QB when Daryle Lamonica was having a bad day. He would start slinging that ball and miraculously pull out a win against KC, Miami, Denver, etc. All this at the ripe old age of 40 +. He would even kick the extra points. :D Miss those days.

1123_large.jpg
Iconbow.gif

Last edited:
Hate to hear that. As a youngster when I first became interested in the NFL, I saw a documentary about the Raiders and became an instant fan...that was my team for a while. I remember Blanda coming in as QB when Daryle Lamonica was having a bad day. He would start slinging that ball and miraculously pull out a win against KC, Miami, Denver, etc. All this at the ripe old age of 40 +. He would even kick the extra points. :D Miss those days.

1123_large.jpg
Iconbow.gif
But mostly against the Chargers. I remember it well.

RIP George. :angel:

He is the most famous Kentucky Wildcats player ever.

R.I.P.

He is the most famous Kentucky Wildcats player ever.

R.I.P.

I'll add that he played for Bear Bryant at UK. Which was the golden age for football at Kentucky. I remember seeing Blanda kick for Oakland on those late afternoon Sunday games when I was growing up. I used think he was so old to be playing football. Now I am the age at which he retired. R.I.P. George Blanda.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts