Sadoun 180 cm Prime Focus Dishes

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Sadoun

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 27, 2005
Columbus, OHIO
Hi ALL

I am pleased to announce that our SADOUN brand Prime Focus C-Band dishes are here now.

2 Models are Available
SD180G : Ground Mount Style $219 each
SD180PM: Polar Mount Style $239 each

Advantages over other brands in the market today:

• 0.8mm thickness reflector panels
  • Galvanized Steel - rust resistance powder coating
  • Heavy Duty - Commercial Quality - Mounting Brackets
  • Heavy Duty - Commercial Quality - Hardware
  • Precise parabola
  • High Gain

Pictures and specifications will be listed on this page soon. You can order these over the phone right away at 1-888-519-9595

C-Band prime focus satellite dish

Thanks Sadoun! An SD180G is on its way, and the pallet and blocks are already done ;) ... Watch the FTA Reviews section for a review sometime early next week, when PortaBUD will be born!

I noticed on Sadouns website that new dishes were coming. Not to be nasty but I was hoping the new dishes would be about the same price as their previous dishes. I'm glad I got my Fortec 6 footer earlier this year, from a local guy for $129 with one of the feed arms slightly bent. Fixed it and it worked great. Blind

Sadoun, will you also have the SD240G/SD240PM as well soon? LMK

Hello can anyone tell me the diferece between Sadoun dishes and Cheap chineese made ones that cost $115 dollars, I have two of them and they have a litle bit of rusting on some parts is that all the diference?

What about polar mount kits for fixed mount dishes?

Is that still in the works?

We have polar mount kits for 180cm Prime focus dishes in stock. These are the same as used on the NEW Sadoun SD180PM but without the reflector and LNBF struts.

Price is $99 plus S/H.

Call 1-888-519-9595 and ask one of the sales reps about these. They are not listed on the website yet, but can be ordered over the phone.

Hello can anyone tell me the diferece between Sadoun dishes and Cheap chineese made ones that cost $115 dollars, I have two of them and they have a litle bit of rusting on some parts is that all the diference?

Advantages over other brands in the market today:
0.8mm (bare) thickness reflector panels
Galvanized Steel - rust resistance powder coating
Heavy Duty - Commercial Quality - Mounting Brackets
Heavy Duty - Commercial Quality - Hardware
Precise parabola
High Gain

Your dish most likely is 0.6mm or 0.7mm thick. The material we use in our dish is 0.80mm bare metal thickness. With paint, it measures around 0.90mm thick +/-0.05.

Prices are starting to climb up again in US$, so I suspect whatever old inventory other vendors have will be it. New stock will be higher in price.

Thanks Sadoun! An SD180G is on its way, and the pallet and blocks are already done ;) ... Watch the FTA Reviews section for a review sometime early next week, when PortaBUD will be born!

Great. Have fun with your new toy :D Let me know if you have any questions.

Take lots of pictures.

It will be great to FINALLY have C-Band capability after nearly 5 years in this hobby! I really should have done this sooner, but the disappearance of many Ku-Band staple channels plus the HD NASA feed on 72w finally got me to take the plunge... I'm sure I'm going to like what I see.

I will document the install with plenty of pictures for everyone to gaze at :D ...

I ordered a 1.8M Fortec polar model from you about a month ago. It has been on backorder. Yesterday I received notice of UPS shipping and tracking number. Am I getting the old one or the new model? Reference order number 12430888.

I ordered a 1.8M Fortec polar model from you about a month ago. It has been on backorder. Yesterday I received notice of UPS shipping and tracking number. Am I getting the old one or the new model? Reference order number 12430888.

You are getting the new one.

I bought the 6ft Fortec kit with a 24 in actuator as an upgrade from Sadoun.
I have been messing with dishes since I sold the first C-band dishes at Radio Shack back in the 1980's.
1 If you buy the whole kit (6ft dish w/polar mount, c/ku lnb, actuator, positioner)
you not never going to find it cheaper anywhere else. Yes there are some
websites that sell a little cheaper but when you buy all the above separately
and with shipping it will be more expensive.
2. If there is a problem/warranty there is someone to call/ask questions. The folks at Sadoun are friendly. I buy lots of stuff on Ebay, online (ham operator) and some sellers can be agressive/no returns/sell questionable items(refurb).
3. I will try to give business to companies that promote the hobby. It cost $$$ to
run a website. Usually Sadoun has most of the newer sat stuff at good prices(most of the time with free shipping). I got a free cap, sat meter(in a nice case), 2x1 switch and free shipping when I bought my C/Ku band 6ft kit.
There are few satellite store owners that take time off to respond online to questions/concerns while running their business. This says a lot about the support and concern about the seller.

Curious if the new 1.8M dish will have better assembly instructions than the Fortec had. Fortec's looked to simply be an illustrated parts diagram.

UPS tracking says mine should be here this coming Tuesday. So Wednesday, if it doesn't rain, plan to assemble it and take pictures to post of the process.

I agree with nycrich. I've only placed a couple orders with Sadoun, both have been handled in a first class method.

I am setting up my fortec 6ft Polar mount dish/kit here in Ft Lauderdale. I was very adamant about having a clear view of the Clark Belt when I bought this house last month.
I found a very good app for the Iphone (Dishpointer App $9.99) that shows the satellite arc and were the trees/houses would hit. You can choose your sats and hold your Iphone in different directions for best viewing.It shows all the sats and were the sat arc is in red relative to your position. I was sceptical when it showed my arc from 15W to 138W. I tried 30W and I got S90's signals. Tried 129W and got signals.
The instructions does not say anything about the declination settings. I am using a fixed location right now, therefore tighten the bolts all the way forward. Assemble the panels in 2 pcs sections then put the 3 sections together. Sort all the harware in groups first. If you bought the C/Ku lnb with it, .36-.40 is the settings on the F/D.

Curious if the new 1.8M dish will have better assembly instructions than the Fortec had.

The assembly instructions are still lacking.

If anyone is a good writer out here ( TRON hint hint ) and could write me good assembly instructions (in exchange for credit towards a new order), I will appreciate it.

The dish came in Friday afternoon, and last night I opened the package and assembled the stand. I documented the entire process with pictures. Tomorrow night I will assemble the dish itself. Nycrich's tip about assembling the panels in twos, then assembling the three completed pairs was exactly my plan. I will continue to fully document the entire assembly process, and this will be posted along with the performance review in the FTA Reviews section.

Just a few quick tips from what I learned last night... Open your hardware bag and sort all of the nuts and bolts in separate piles so you can familiarize yourself with each size. Assembling the stand first will get a lot of the hardware out of your way. Start from the bottom ring of the stand (which is the largest of the two) and bolt the posts and struts from the bottom ring up. There is an order which everything has to follow when you bolt the top ring on, which I will elaborate on in the review/instructions post in the Reviews section. Although the included illustration/parts list sheet is not entirely clear, these parts really fit together only one way. The pictures I post with the review will show plenty of detail :) ... Meanwhile, more to come here tomorrow!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)