OTHER Sadoun HH Motor Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

KJ6EO

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 16, 2013
118.3W 34.3N
Hello and thanks for reading my post. I've got a GeoSat Pro 90cm Ku dish with a Sadoun HH Motor. My True South position here in SoCal is 118.8. Right now I can't go any further East than about 61w. This is most likely because I set my ZERO position to True South. Therefore the motor runs out of travel around 61w. So my question is, did I set up the motor wrong? The Vbox gives an Err message when I hit the stop. Are the end limits moveable? Or are they fixed?

Any suggestions or comments you might have would be appreciated!

USALS does not have the range that DiSEqC 1.2 offers. Try switching to DiSEqC 1.2 for motor assignment if you are using USALS. Most KU motors have a limit switch and settable switch actuators E & W. That requires some disassembly.

Reactions: KJ6EO
61 from 118 is beyond the internal limit of most USALS motors. Some have opened them up and moved the limit, but you won't gain too much more. It may be time for a fixed dish if you have a bird to the east that is of interest.

Reactions: KJ6EO
Ok ... I see. Thanks for your help. I was wondering, in your opinion ... is there anything of interest E of 61w?

Nothing that I am interested in on Ku, except for 30W, but....that will not do you any good as you can't see it on the west coast. :(
Maybe others can chime in with there thoughts on Ku stuff.

I'm just a bit east of you at 114.0°W. I can see to 55.5°W. There sometimes are open Ku on 58.0W but I don't look at it very often

Reactions: hank123
The only thing I've found so far, between 30W and 61W, would be RASD-TV on 45W in lower Ku (requires a universal Ku LNBF). It is of very limited interest, other than knowing it's there. I think I might have seen some strong transponders on 50W but was not able to lock on them, so might have been data content. Maybe on 43W too, but again no TV content.

Now, I don't know how far you've been able to go to the West, but according to Lyngsat, there's some potentially interesting content in Ku on 180E (180W) (French TV from Tahiti). It's also on lower Ku. These postings on Lyngsat are quite old so I don't know if that stuff is still there.

KJ6EO I'm confused a little about your opening post. Can you clarify more for me? You mentioned getting an ERR message on your VBOX. That unit is for your C-band dish not your ku band dish. I just don't want you to work on adjusting the wrong motors limit.
You will always get an ERR message on the VBOX when your Von-Wiese actuator reaches its hardware limits. The hardware limits in the V-W actuator are adjustable.
Are you asking if the Sadoun H-H motor will give you an equivalent error message similar to the VBOX? I don't think it will.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)