Sales rep

Status
Please reply by conversation.

danristheman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 25, 2011
85w
Frontier sales rep came by our apartment she came by said I can sell you internet, phone, dn programming for 30 bucks for 3 years. Said I wasn't interested I have fta satellite you don't have to pay anything, how can you beat free? She replied I can give you movie channels for free for 3 months then I told her I can get movies to watch that is not on pay movie channels for free how can you beat that? Mom was laughing so much at this egging me on. Poor woman didn't have a chance using her spill on me. You guys have any stories like this?

Reactions: spongella
Charter wouldn't believe that line from me. They finally sent a sales rep to my house to talk me into a sub. I showed him my setup and he walked away in amazement.

Reactions: fred555
I get calls once in a while trying to upgrade my service from just internet. They always ask who your provider is. I tell them I own my own cable company. I gather the signals with satellite dishes and put them down a wire to my TVs just like a cable company ;)

Not exactly the same scenario, but recently got a mailing from Sirius XM, they'll give me 5 months of satellite radio in my Fiesta for $40. I figure that is 96 bucks a year. I'll stick with my AM radio for now and use the $40 for about 16 Whopper Jr's.

Had siriusXM at a place I worked at. You could tell the time by the song that was playing. Walk The Line was AM coffee break.

WE'VE GOT ONE WHO CAN SEE!!!!
Pdvd_056_40p.jpg

I had internet problems and Charter sent a tech out. Swapped the modem and all was fine. He asked if he could go outside and make sure everthing was good out there. That was when he saw my bundle of RG11 and motor cables going into my enclosure. He ask what it was for and I explained, he was a college football nut and I brought him back inside for a quick look. This was on a Saturday so he was amazed. Next weekend we are going to harvest a 10 foot unimesh for him to play with.

I live too far rural for any of them to show up at my house :)
Hell Centurylink cant even provide DSL here
Same here, too far out for cable or DSL, my driveway is almost 5 miles from the main highway and I wouldn't have it any other way. :) I use a business class microwave dish internet setup from Rapid Systems, great for IPTV!

Screen Shot 2015-09-27 at 9.51.33 AM.png

I get by on a AT&T hotspot for internet :)

Whats nuts it when it was Sprint DSL **was** available....only 1.5MB but it was DSL
Then they merge with Qwest and become Centurylink and now they say I cant get DSL. (I forget the reason why they say I cant)

But to elaborate on a similar experience like Dan had

When I lived in my house in Minneapolis I had FTA and an antenna system...2 C-Band dishes, 5 or 6 KU dishes and 3 antennas set up. One day I'm out tweaking the C-Band dish (It was a 6 footer that I would roll out of the garage and aim by hand. My deck on the north side only allowed me to get like 89-105W) and a Comcast rep was in the townhouse neighborhood going around trying to drum up business. He stops and starts talking to me about Comcast. I chuckled and said "nah. Take a few steps back and look at the roof". He sees the antennas and says "oh we have much more programming than what you can get on an antenna"

I looked at him and said "Do you have the hockey games from Alaska?" I know you don't. I can see them
Do you have AMGTV (which at the time had like 4 hours of wrestling on Saturday night). I know you don't
Do you have Retro TV Network (which at the time was like what MeTV is now)...I know you don't

All the time I'm talking to him I'm fine tuning the dish to pick up a football game I know they didn't carry. I have to give him credit though. He left some brochures with me. I think we used them to start the burning barrel a day or so later ;)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)