Sales Tax in California!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Ceas2182

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Dec 18, 2004
Disneyland, Cali
I just got the new bill for this month.

The tax on the boxes before cost $0.39 a box, which was (7.75%) sales tax.

Now each box went up to $0.44, which is now our sales tax (8.75%)

5 cents more for each box! yuck! Plus, we already had an increase on D* services last month. Crazy ~A~!

I know somewhere in San Bernardino County there sales tax is 12% + yuck!

I wanted to ask you guys... Are other states going through this too?

I see a sales tax charge here in NY. State sales tax of 4% on the DVR service charge.
Just be thankful that they haven't charged it against your full bill.
Shhh, did I just say that? :)

For the last 5 years or more we have had like a 13.7% satellite tax in FL, makes a $60 bill come out to be $70 with tax. A real deal breaker for adding additional boxes or services. FL was the first state to tax satellite tv.

Here in Texas we face a 6.25% sales tax on the whole bill. Satellite television is exempted from other taxes cable subscribers have to pay. :cool:

Here in Florida, we pay 7.5% sales tax and then a 3.5% franchaise fee on sat. Cable,electric, gas, water and I am sure there are more than that. Its $10 on my $60 sat bill alone.

Us lucky people in Oregon, don't pay any tax.... there is no sales taxes here. Damn, now that I said that, I bet they will figure out a way to tax Satellite receivers here...

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)