Salvage recordings from an old PVR 501

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

shawnhannan

Original poster
Nov 20, 2011
Chicago, Illinois
I pulled our old (purchased) PVR 501 out of the closet the other day to see if there were any old recordings I wanted to try to access. Just thought it'd be worth a peek before I see if anyone would be interested in buying the PVR from me... Question: How do I get the device to stop trying to acquire a signal? Or how do I bypass that initial "Attention" screen altogether? Thanks!

Shawn

If you press menu-8, this should take you to your recordings. Since the receiver likely has no signal right now, it will always says it's acquiring signal. You can hook it up to your current satellite (if you have one), and run a check switch test, but this will give you a message that tells you you aren't authorized to view this station when you exit out

Probably the only feasible option would be to play the recordings out to a DVD recorder or PC TV tuner/capture card like the Hauppauge 1212, but then if you don't already own something like that, it could be an expensive proposition. Depends on how badly you want to keep these recordings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)