[Syndicated] SAM is Dead.......

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mr Tony

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 17, 2003
Mankato, MN
SAM FM (Simply about Music) is dead. It was a syndicated format (like Jack, Hank etc).
It was shut down on 8/31.

We had a station that carried it (KFGI 101.5) which is now Jack FM. But what is weird is there is a JackFM in Minneapolis (KZJK 104.1) and its not the same playlist.

I've listened to 101.5 now for a few hours and I like the new playlist. SAM played way too much "new" stuff that I never heard of. Jack is playing more mainstream songs

If I had to guess, I'd say KFGI is probably playing a satellite delivered version of the format, but KZJK probably has a local (Minneapolis based) automation system so that they can customize to their city's market.

I don't know. But both have their own "local" ID's (more than just the callsign)
I do like KFGI's playlist better ;)

If I had to guess, I'd say KFGI is probably playing a satellite delivered version of the format, but KZJK probably has a local (Minneapolis based) automation system so that they can customize to their city's market.

Detroit had Doug FM which was automated through a hard drive Commercials were inserted as scheduled. The Hard drive was local with all of the music was schedule weeks in advance This was replaced by the Nash.

Boston had 93.7 Mike-FM, which became a simulcast of the lower rated sports station. Then had The Harbor, when Clear Channel (yes, still refuse to acknowledge the name change) bought the legendary WFNX. Unfortunately, they later flipped it to a EDM format, then to Country.

Getting back on point, the variety hits in many markets are proving to be more of a flash in the pan.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)