Same Old Song: Howard proves his worth

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
datwell said:
I swore that I would never pay to listen to radio until...

The new Chrysler came with 1 year of free Sirius - I was quickly hooked!

The NFL (124) and the Rolling Stones (99)!!! Wow!

--Doug

Same here, except I got a Dodge. I now find myself leaving for work earlier and taking the long way home to get my fill. Might just be a fad or a new toy, but I like it.

Operator7 said:
Same here, except I got a Dodge. I now find myself leaving for work earlier and taking the long way home to get my fill. Might just be a fad or a new toy, but I like it.
I hear more of howard with his repeats then i did when he was on terrestrial radio. i'd like to hear bubba too, but i wind up listening to howard on the way home and until he's over at 6 pm.

Ron

I've been hooked on XM since I picked up a radio last summer out in Charlotte. I also stream XM Online in my interior/no windows office.

the lack of commercials is refreshing.

Well worth the $13/mo.

LER

I have listened to maybe 15 minutes of terrestrial radio in the last two years since I've had Sirius... at least 15 minutes that were my option.

There's one station locally the kids play at work.. and I swear they play the same 5 songs every hour... if I hear "My hump my hump my hump" one more time...

I'd rather have the freedom of choice than the limited 4 stations I have in the boonies of Delaware.

bcshields said:
I have listened to maybe 15 minutes of terrestrial radio in the last two years since I've had Sirius... at least 15 minutes that were my option.

There's one station locally the kids play at work.. and I swear they play the same 5 songs every hour... if I hear "My hump my hump my hump" one more time...

I'd rather have the freedom of choice than the limited 4 stations I have in the boonies of Delaware.

Same with me. If satellite radio was $30 a month it would be worth me paying for it just to not have to listen to the same sh*t.

Its not working.

"Stern, who's currently in the fifth month of a five-year, $500 million contract with Sirius, complained last month that his once mammoth audience of 12 million has not plunked down the $12 monthly fee to follow him to the unregulated universe of satellite.

Instead, recent polls have shown that only 1 million to 2 million Stern devotees are tuning in, while the rest of his former listeners have scattered along the dial, many shifting to other well-established programs, including, believe it or not, NPR's Morning Edition. "

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/20060510/en_celeb_eo/18995

vurbano said:
Its not working.

"Stern, who's currently in the fifth month of a five-year, $500 million contract with Sirius, complained last month that his once mammoth audience of 12 million has not plunked down the $12 monthly fee to follow him to the unregulated universe of satellite.

Instead, recent polls have shown that only 1 million to 2 million Stern devotees are tuning in, while the rest of his former listeners have scattered along the dial, many shifting to other well-established programs, including, believe it or not, NPR's Morning Edition. "

http://news.yahoo.com/s/eo/20060510/en_celeb_eo/18995

Oh boy, I'm not even going to comment.......................:rolleyes:

Because the poster is anti-satellite, and prefers to spin anything about satellite to the negative. HS was being sarcastic when he commented about not taking all of his listeners with him, and the anti-HS press has been reporting it as news ever since.

vurbano said:
I will NEVER pay a monthly fee to listen to radio, neither will the majority of Americans. I guess Sat radio will have a niche.

JonUrban said:
Because the poster is anti-satellite, and prefers to spin anything about satellite to the negative. HS was being sarcastic when he commented about not taking all of his listeners with him, and the anti-HS press has been reporting it as news ever since.

Sorry if you dont like them, but I didnt write the facts. I just reported them.

"recent polls have shown that only 1 million to 2 million Stern devotees are tuning in, while the rest of his former listeners have scattered along the dial, many shifting to other well-established programs, including, believe it or not, NPR's Morning Edition. "

The importance of this, which you dont seem to understand, is that if Fanatical Stern fans will not cough up cash to listen to their Minister of raunchiness then expecting typical Americans to pay for radio is not going to happen either.

Last edited:
vurbano said:
Sorry if you dont like them, but I didnt write the facts. I just reported them.

"recent polls have shown that only 1 million to 2 million Stern devotees are tuning in, while the rest of his former listeners have scattered along the dial, many shifting to other well-established programs, including, believe it or not, NPR's Morning Edition. "

The importance of this, which you dont seem to understand, is that if Fanatical Stern fans will not cough up cash to listen to their Minister of raunchiness then expecting typical Americans to pay for radio is not going to happen either.

VUrbano 1 - 2 million listeners is above the numbers they were expecting. These were well published. They were hoping to attract 1 million. If he's over that, then he's doing good. It almost seems you guys WANT this venture to fail? It almost offends me, to be honest. I live in L.A. I love hard rock and metal. My music choices are KLOS---the all Led Zeppelin all the time channel, or KROQ--which is the lousiest excuse for a rockstation in the world, yet is the flagship station for it's parent company.

SAtellite radio has given me exposure to new metla bands that would never be played on ANY radio station, personalities who do it because they love the music---just like the old KNAC days, no commercials, great programs like Ian Christie's bloody roots. Why would such original and passionate programming guided simply by love for a genre of music be a bad thing? Becaue you're too cheap to pay $13??? You gotta be kidding me.

Why do you stern fans keep ignoring the FACT that most of these "new" stern fans are mearly people that got sat radio FREE with their new car!!!!!!

VIPERS-PIT said:
Why do you stern fans keep ignoring the FACT that most of these "new" stern fans are mearly people that got sat radio FREE with their new car!!!!!!
only free for a month or so. The question and i'm sure you'll be negat ive is are they staying after the trial period?

Ron

Same here, never thought in a million years that I would pay for radio, now I find myself listening to all the talk stuff they have on Sirius, don't knock it until you try it, unless of course, your one of those guys that are still holding on to their beta max's and 8 tracks vowing to never let go, then we dont want you.......change is good

Why all the haters? Nobody is forcing anyone to pay for anything. Water is practically free, but why do you see more and more people buying bottled water, getting filtration systems, or having water coolers delivered to their house? Different strokes for different folks. Whatever makes you happy. I have not listened to old-fashioned radio in about 2 years simply because I spend a lot of time in a vehicle and I was so tired of having to hunt for any kind of music, not necessarily music I liked. Now, because of Sirius, there is always something I enjoy on, and often times I have to choose between multiple songs I like. It makes my day go by faster, puts me in a better mood, and generally makes me a more relaxed person. Like a previous post said, I would pay $30 a month if I had to. All these negative posts must be from radio station employees because I dont understand how satellite radio is hurting anyone. We may argue on here about which is better, XM or Sirius. But you will have a hard time finding people here that have either and think it is worse than old fashioned radio.

VIPERS-PIT said:

Not me, purchased mine at Costco the second week of Jan/06, I tried to go without Stern for a week, by the end of Stern's first week, Jan9-Jan.13, 05, just could not do it, bought it and very happy with the service.

If if you think Stern is bad, I was flipping channels on it on my way home from work and ended up on the Playboy channel, you could not believe what these three women were talking about and doing :hungry: , I had to change because it was just too intense, felt that 'hot rush' feeling in my head.

FIREBIRD81 said:
VUrbano 1 - 2 million listeners is above the numbers they were expecting. These were well published. They were hoping to attract 1 million. If he's over that, then he's doing good. It almost seems you guys WANT this venture to fail? It almost offends me, to be honest.
If that is their definition of success, retaining 1 million out of 12 million listeners, then I understand why this thing is hemmoraging money every quarter.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)