Sampling of Where the 811 Installs are Being Rescheduled

PNotar said:
In Philadelphia, called on 11/Dec, assigned an appointment on Sunday 14/Dec between 8:00a and 12:00 noon. Nothing by 12:30, called Dish and was told I was rescheduled for Tuesday 16/Dec between 8:00 and 12:00. Told them it would have been nice if someone called me since we won't be home Tuesday morning! :? Now scheduled for Wednesday 17/Dec from 8:00 to 12:00, luckily my wife will be home that day. Give reason was "lack of inventory".

The kicker is that as long as this service call is open, I can't open a new call to get the "must carry" dish for 61.5 so we can see CBS-HD.

We'll see what Wednesday brings.....
P.

Got a call on the answering machine yesterday saying my appointment was still on and to make sure someone would be home. T minue 2 hours and 51 minutes......

P.

After having my first appointment on the 8th canceled for lack of a receiver, I had my 811 installed last night in the western suburbs of Chicago. They had the installer driving all over the place. My scheduled time was from 12-5 PM. He wasn't able to make it until 8 PM. He did keep me informed of his status however.

Off topic BUT...its not just 811s I was scheduled for a Super Dish installl for local channels on the 1st. Never got a call. Took 3 calls to find they have no Super Dishes in the area- for existing customers at least- and was rescheduled to Jan. 8

Exec. CSR did give 1/2 of monthly bill. And promised free month if Jan 8 date not met. I'm planning on free TV in January.

Rick

I called on Friday the 12th and order my 811. They scheduled install for Tuesday the 16th. The installer called on Monday the 15th and rescheduled for the 13th of Jan. I cancelled instead since I should have my 921 by then :).. I'm in Tulsa.

Kevinw

They called me the night before to confirm that they WOULD be there. Sixteen hours later they call to say that they didn't have any. Good luck though. Some people are getting them...

Luke McNabney said:
Kevinw

They called me the night before to confirm that they WOULD be there. Sixteen hours later they call to say that they didn't have any. Good luck though. Some people are getting them...

I am being optimistic.. I sold my HD tuner and this is the replacement...

I'm in the the Twin Cities area in Minnesota and I had my 811 installed today. The original install date of Dec. 9 was rescheduled because of a snowstorm. I asked the tech about supply and he said they haven't had any problems, he installed 3 yesterday himself.

811 delayed in Dallas...

original install scheduled Dec 12. Delayed to Dec 19. Just got off phone with Dish dispatch today (Dec 17) and was told install likely delayed until after Christmas.

My credit card was charged Dec 10. I'd call to complain, but I don't want to lose my place in the queue. Yes, I have "sucker" printed on my forehead. :?

811 Installation Lies

I'm in the Seattle area. I ordered my 811 on 12/8 and was scheduled for installation on 12/12...got a call on the 11th saying that the installer had the flu and rescheduled me for 12/17...got a call on the 16th saying that all of the 811s they recieved were defective and that they wouldn't get a new shipment until the end of December. I called back to clarify this and was told a different story...that they simply don't have enough 811s to meet the demand. IF YOU DON'T HAVE THE EQUIPMENT THEN DON'T SCHEDULE AN INSTALL! It is clear to me that I have been lied to about this and from reading other posts on this fabulous site, I can see that I'm not the only one. It seems absolutely bad business to make committments that cannot be kept, especially when people need to take days off and are otherwise inconvenienced to be home for the 5 hour installation window. I can't believe it, but it seems to be company policy to take orders and promise installation dates, and then lie to customers about the reasons for cancelling. As dish network customers, we deserve to be treated with more respect than this. The message needs to be sent to dish network that this is inappropriate and that we will not stand for this kind of treatment. (I'll be sending a letter directly to Charlie and whomever else I can contact ...I would encourage others to do the same.)

So I've been rescheduled for installation on 12/30...if they cancel this installation at the last minute again, I'm going to rip out my dish and give VOOM or Direct TV a call, their customer service couldn't be any worse.

I hope the rest of you have better luck than I've had.

MathDaddy - right on. No install dates should go out without verified stock. There already PO/work order every install - how hard would it be to tie a PO to a product?

hancox...that is not true in all locations. Here's my saga....

My install was scheduled for today. Was getting an 811, 510 and a 2nd dish installed. The guy came out today but his work order did not show an 811. He never even heard of it--NICE. He called his company and they said they didn't stock it and needed to order it from dish. They also said that I needed to reschedule with Dish.

The worst part is that I asked him to complete his work order and install the 2nd dish and the 510. He said no, because a 2nd installer would have to come and install the 811 and that guy would get paid for both work orders. I basically told him that was BS and he ignored me.

So I called dish and they verified that my order included the 811. They rescheduled me for the 26th but will call me back to confirm after they verify that the local installer will have the 811 in hand.

I was pretty pissed off at first, but have calmed down because I'm probably just being impatient. The fact that there was miscommunication between Dish and the installer is not surprising. What really irritated me was the fact the the installer was totally unsympathetic to my situation and basically made me make all the phone calls. Heck, I understood that the mix up was not his fault, but the fault lay partly with his company, so I figured he would have at least tried to help. All I would have wanted was for him to say something like, "I apologize for the mixup. I will make some calls and determine when we can definitely complete your entire install. I will call you later today to confirm."

Regardless, the install better be done by Jan 3/4 b/c that's when the NFL playoffs start--I'll be watching that in HD with my OTA antenna. (Stupid me sold my existing OTA tuner in anticipation of the Dish install--another NICE!!)

You got to love Dish.

I just sent an email off to Dish CEO but it took three tries to get it to pass threw their mail system. I used the same term that 'holman3rd' used to describe the general feelings of members of this and other Dish forums. I used the term 'pissed off' and the Dish mail server would not let the email to go through due to the 'language'. I had it once in the subject line and once in the email body. I changed the subject line and tried sending it again and it kicked it back because it was in the body. I changed it there and resent it and it apparently went through.

No wonder Charlie is in a vacuum, he lives in a glass house.

[quote="PNotar
Got a call on the answering machine yesterday saying my appointment was still on and to make sure someone would be home. T minue 2 hours and 51 minutes......

P.[/quote]

Well, it's now installed and working great. on another thread someone mentioned the issue with 720p set for default on DVI. This was also the case for component output. The installer was thinking it was a TV setting issue, and had not heard of the setting on the receiver.

My wife was grossed out by the HD bugs on Discovery. Life is good!!!!

P.

Well, finally 2 guys are doing the install right now-should be done any moment!! Am all excited.

Boy, I am envious. I feel like Santa Claus came to my house today and left right away saying, 'sorry kid, i'm all out of toys'!

That's ok, you are not the only one who had a dish truck show up today without an 811. I was so excited to see the truck, and so disappointed when he had no 811. And I just sold my 6000. And now since I got rid of the 6000, and it seems like it will be months before I get my 811, I called dish to drop the 6000 from my account (since I sold it), and they can't do it because there will be a $240 charge if I drop the 6000 without adding the 811, but it is their fault for not delivering the 811. The CSR I talked to (and she was putting me on hold to talk to her supervisor I assume) would not budge, even though I explained the obvious difficult situation I was in, and also explained it was their fault since they missed not 1, or 2, but 3 appointments, and the fact that when I ordered both the 6000 and 811, I explicitly asked about dropping the 6000, and if it would be a problem. Both times they said no. I feel bad for being rude with those guys, but it is in these obvious situations where they should handle stuff, and refuse to, that incenses customers.

Fortunately, due to earlier problems with the 3 missed appointments for the 811, I had the number to the executive customer office, and they handled it without a problem.

The worse friggin part is, I would not of thought of even getting the 811, but the 6000 fan was so loud!!!! Now I understand when I bought it that it was loud, but it was a high pitched loud that really was unbearable.

the saga continues....

called E* to confirm my install for the 26th because i'm really worried about a repeat of today. I asked how they can confirm an install when they don't know whether the installer has the equipment. Didn't really get an answer. Only that the installs are handled by E*'s "hub" in Laurel, MD, whatever that means. Someone from the hub is calling me tomorrow to confirm that my install will be done on the 26th (or whatever) and that the truck will show up with all the equipment I already paid for.

stay tuned...

My pair of installers finally showed tonight about 8pm. I helped walk them trought the setup. 1 ran a cable, 1 filled out paperwork and I hooked uip the 811. No sense leting them touch my TV and HT receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)