Sampling of Where the 811 Installs are Being Rescheduled

I was scheduled for an 811 today, called DNSC to make sure it was still a 'go'. Person I talked to at DNSC said it would be a miracle if the tech had an 811 in his van. He said 811's are in very short supply for this area (Four corners, where Arizona, Colorado, Utah and New Mexico meet). Has tentatively rescheduled me for the 30th.

I was susposed to get my 811 tomorrow. I called to confirm appointment and was told that Dish will not be shiiping them any 811 for 2 to 3 weeks.

I referred to a dish "hub" in laurel, md earlier. The CSR explained that the "hub" is the distribution center for dish equipment in this area and that they schedule all the installs with local installers. So, if this is true, it doesn't matter if Dish is not shipping any 811s for a few weeks. All that matters is whether the "hub" has any left.

Then again, I'm told something different every time I call dish, so perhaps this is just wishful thinking.

Oh my gawd...E*'s customer servicing infrastructure is absolutely whacked.

I'm very concerned that when the installer shows up on the 26th that there will be a repeat of what happened yesterday. So, I called E* to try and confirm everything now. Here's the chain of events (sorry if you think this is too long...)

1) Called E* @800-333-DISH. Confirmed work order with 811, 510 and 2nd dish install for the 26th. They couldn't confirm that the local installer would have the 811 on the 26th. So, they called the "hub" and told me the "hub" would call me.
2) No call from the "hub" so I called E* again. They said I needed to talk to "Retail Services" @ 303-723-3800.
3) Called Retail Services. They confirmed my work order but said I had to call "Dish Network Service Corp" @ 800-799-7175 to confirm that the installer would have the 811.
4) Called DNSC who confirmed my work order, but said that only the local installer dispatcher would confirm the 811. They tried to call them for me, but the local dispatcher would not give out my account info (to ANOTHER DISH EMPLOYEE!!). They said I had to call the local dispatcher myself @410-567-3672.
5) Called 410-567-3672 and got a voice system identifying itself as DNSC. I'm thinking, "Oh my gawd, I just called the same place as #4"). They confirmed the WRONG work order...the same wrong one they had yesterday..the one WITHOUT the 811. The nice lady put me on hold for 20 minutes and came back to say that my work order had been fixed and that my install was on for the 26th. I asked her to confirm the availability of the 811, but she couldn't do that. She did say that they haven't had any shortage in this area. So, I'm crossing my fingers.

Installer was on his way to my house with the 811 & 522 when the 522 jumped out of the back of his truck and got made into a puzzle. The 811 is ok, but the install is postponed til tomorrow. Something about they have to be activated with the same phone call.

Anybody wanna buy a crushed 522? As is, No warranty, guaranteed to be DOA?

I'll pass the bids on to the installer. PVT msg only. No need in excess bandwidth usage & OT messages. Yes really!

811 & 522 finally installed!

I am staring at my 811 sitting atop the HDTV! Slick, but annoyingly silver. I'll live with it. I am just tickled S***less to even have the installer here!

The installer is setting it up as I type. So far I have a 115 signal. But have to wait for the download before I get to play with it.

I am also looking at my 522!

Now all I need is my 921 and all will be right in the world. ;)

My Minneapolis install tomorrow was cancelled. Rather embarassed sounding message left on my answering machine. No equipment. Earliest date - January 20th. Thought I'd be joining you guys, but I think I'm going to give Comcast HD cable a shot for awhile. An extra $5 a month and no commitment. Maybe this summer after things have settled down... ya think?

Re: 811 & 522 finally installed!

Mark_AR said:
I am staring at my 811 sitting atop the HDTV! Slick, but annoyingly silver. I'll live with it. I am just tickled S***less to even have the installer here!

The installer is setting it up as I type. So far I have a 115 signal. But have to wait for the download before I get to play with it.

I am also looking at my 522!

Now all I need is my 921 and all will be right in the world. ;)

Thanks to Mark_AR, I cancelled my order with the main company & his installer is coming down and installing my 811 on Sunday. I had been rescheduled 2 times already and then been told basically that it would be sometime in January without a real firm date.

Thanks Mark_AR!

How ironic. My 811 install for tomorrow was cancelled as well. I was also left a very embarrassing phone mail message that sounded like the CS rep was having a hard time articulating the excuses. The content was the same that they would not be receiving any 811's until at least January 20th. After the fiasco that I went through to be able to order the 811 in the first place, I am rather disgusted with Dish at the moment.

Re: 811 & 522 finally installed!

sblasl said:
Thanks to Mark_AR, I cancelled my order with the main company & his installer is coming down and installing my 811 on Sunday. I had been rescheduled 2 times already and then been told basically that it would be sometime in January without a real firm date.

Thanks Mark_AR!

YW sblasl,

Now you don't need a DVI cable with the 811. It comes with component video cabling as well as S-video and composite.

I really can't say if the aspect ratio at 16:9 will cause sidebars or not. I have sidebars with the 811 but NOT with my DVD player that is component video(go figure?)

Anyone kn ow if this is related to the component vid or the lack of DVI cabling?

Mark_AR said:
Installer was on his way to my house with the 811 & 522 when the 522 jumped out of the back of his truck and got made into a puzzle. The 811 is ok, but the install is postponed til tomorrow. Something about they have to be activated with the same phone call.

Anybody wanna buy a crushed 522? As is, No warranty, guaranteed to be DOA?

I'll pass the bids on to the installer. PVT msg only. No need in excess bandwidth usage & OT messages. Yes really!

Mark_AR,

What package did you get? Do you mind me asking the pricing?

Thanks for the info on the DVI, I look forward to some additional responses to see what others know or have found out.

Scott

Maybe dish will get the message that people want hdtv, and that dish has very seriously underestimated the demand.

sblasl said:
What package did you get? Do you mind me asking the pricing?

Thanks for the info on the DVI, I look forward to some additional responses to see what others know or have found out.

Scott

I signed up for Almost Everything Package(AEP) or as Dish calls it AMERICA's Everything, plus Locals
$84.99 AEP on Digital Home Plan w/locals(Lease)
$ 4.98 PVR Vid on Demand FEE FOR THE 522
$ 9.99 HDTV feed

So unless I missed something, it comes out to 100.00 bux a month. -cha-ching!-

Delayed another week, still no 811's in Dallas to be fed to Louisiana.. although seeing the other posts here about 811 installs this week, I guess I'm not important enough, heh heh.

So, now rescheduled a 3rd time to next sunday the 28th.. if its not feeding 1080i to my Toshiba by then, Dish loses me as a customer forever, because I'm a patient person but I'm at my wits end with these vaporware shenanigans!

Today was strike three...My 811 installation has been cancelled for the THIRD time...at least this time they did not lie about the reason. The guy who left the message said that there aren't enough 811's to meet the demand and that they might have some by THE END OF JANUARY OR EARLY FEBRUARY! This is rediculous! I think it's time for me to look at other options.

Third time is a charm for me! My 811 was installed first thing this morning.

The Addison (north of Dallas) office has 37 scheduled 811 installs for this weekend.

I ordered my 811 this Tuesday with install scheduled for tomorrow, got the dreaded no 811 call from my installer this morning. The installer didn't re-schedule and said he'd call when they got more (spoke to my wife). Ughhhhh.......

I called dish who wouldn't give me the installer's phone number so I could call back and gave me the same message that he'd call when they got more in.

Does anyone have any idea how long these back order's are taking? I'd really like to have mine installed before x-mas, but I don't think it's looking good at this point.

I got my 811/301 installed yesterday. The installers missed the morning window and installed in the afternoon. I had been rescheduled once. I live in SW Michigan. Good luck everyone.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts