Samsun Galaxy Note 2

ashutto20

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
United States
I'm thinking about getting this phone for the holidays...can anyone tell me anything...I have read the reviews but its sometimes good to hear about things from a personal experience

I saw one in the Sprint store yesterday. IMHO it's too big for a phone, and with only a 16G model, not enough memory to push me off the SIII. I think both the SIII and Note II are worthy devices, but 5.5" is too big for a phone and too small for a tablet.

Between my SIII and the Nexus 7, I think I'm set.

I saw one in the Sprint store yesterday. IMHO it's too big for a phone, and with only a 16G model, not enough memory to push me off the SIII. I think both the SIII and Note II are worthy devices, but 5.5" is too big for a phone and too small for a tablet.

Between my SIII and the Nexus 7, I think I'm set.

If you compare it to a traditional wired phone or even a wireless home phone you'll find that it isn't much different in size than one of those.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

John Kotches said:
If you compare it to a traditional wired phone or even a wireless home phone you'll find that it isn't much different in size than one of those.

Except those don't get carried around everywhere in my pocket.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Also, it's not near as large as most televisions.

Best phone Ive ever had. Fast and Huge!!!!!

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I think this is one of those personal preference items. Samsung made some great phones with this series, and they are BOTH good/great.

I agree, personal preference. For some it will be too big, others it will be great. All in all it should be a good phone.

I just got mine last week. It is awesome. I got used to the size immediately. After a few days, it looks normal size to me. I came from the iPhone and was waiting for iPhone 5. My brother got the iPhone5, and I played with it...just wasn't very impressed with it. So I went for the Galaxy Note 2. I figured that if I am going up in size, might as well go all out. It fits perfectly in my front pocket. With my old iPhone, it used to drop side way sometime and I have to move it up again. With the Note II, it stays still. If I am wearing jeans, you can barely see there is a phone there. When I am wearing pants, you can't see it at all. It is very light and well balance.

Video on it is amazing. And it works really really well as a Kindle reader. People always asked me how I could read Kindle books on my old iPhone when it is so small. I told them it is okay.. I just have to make the font bigger and turn the page every 3 or 4 seconds. With Note II's screen, it is just like reading a paperback except it is easier to hold. And if you play Draw Something, you will have a tremendous unfair advantage over all your friends!

I think you have to want the larger screen, whether it's the Note III, or a WP8 phone (you can bet probably the farm this is a form factor Apple will decline to compete with for some time, if ever), I'll be going with this sized phone for my next device. I make calls so infrequently and spend most of my time using apps, the move makes a lot of sense.

Wife has been thinking about doing that, but is kinda holding out hope she'll just be able to go pick it up at a store and not have to wait for mail.

Appears the AT&T version is now $250 on Amazon. Hope the VZW variant follows.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

it would be nice if vzw would drop the price on release day, especially since they haven't charged me yet.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)