Samsung 360: How to direct-tune OTA analog stations?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

noremac

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 28, 2004
Wash, DC
Sorry for asking if this has been covered (could not find via a search..new 360 owner here):

I can't figure out how to directly enter the channel numbers for analog OTA stations. When I just enter a channel number "xx", the receiver tunes the satellite-feed local-in-local station (which I don't subscribe to). Am I missing something? There is no mention in the manual. Right now, the only way to tune an OTA analog is to get to it via the guide.

For OTA digitals, direct tuning works fine. I simply enter the format xx (dash) 1, etc.

Well, I am not sure this will answer you ? but I had a similar issue.

I could not get FOX Local HD.

So when I called Direct, the said to put your Zip Code in and let it scan that way, and grab a guide specific to your area.

Have you tried that? Scanning by Zip Code.

I got those missing channels after that type of scan.

Thanks for the reply. But I already have all the correct local channels in the guide, both analogs and digitals.

What I trying to figure out is how to directly go to an analog OTA station by entering its number on the remote control's keypad.

For local digital stations, it's working fine. For example, I just enter "1 1 [dash] 1", then Select to get digital station 11-1.

But if I enter just "11" and Select, the receiver tries to tune the DirecTv-provided local-in-local station, which I do not subscribe to.

Of course, I can get to local analog station 11 by bringing up the guide, scrolling through it, and selecting the channel as displayed, but I'm looking for the shortest way. You can do this with all other channels, but I can't figure a way for the local analogs!!

Just hit the channel up button and you will get the analog station. The Samsung 360 lays out the channels as:

Sat
Analog OTA
DT1
DT2
DT3

I think cable is listed between Analog OTA and the DT channels.

There is no way to directly select the OTA analog signal that I am aware of.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts