Samsung 360

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Directv user

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jan 19, 2005
Finally pulled the trigger on an equipment upgrade and HD package subscription. I called the 800 client retention number and theatened to defect to cablevision. Without much negotiation I was able to get the $250 credit applied to the $349 charge. On the down side they required a 1 year subscription to the HD programming package but at least they gave me HBO for $2 for six months and also Showtime for free for six months.

My greatest fear from what I've read is that the installer will show up with one of the Samsung 360 boxes everyone is having problems with. D* told me they have no input as to what boxes the installers use.

Any words of wisdom if the guy shows up with the Samsung? Does everyone who has one of those boxes have the same problems ?

Its as simple as calling the installer well in advance of the install date and make sure they don't bring that unit because you are aware you the issues it has.

Directv user said:
How do I get the information as to who the installer will be ??

uh? I would of thought you were given all the appropriate info when you scheduled your instal. Call whoever you got setup with and ask them for you install details and their contact number.

I ordered through D* the only install info they give you is a date, approx time and a confirm #. Maybe I'll just call D* back,

I called Dire*tv on the 22nd and said that I would switch to Time Warner if I could not recieve a deal on a High Def box since I have been a long time customer. At first they offered me a box for 249 instead of 349 (with installation. Than I said no thank you and asked to speak to the cancellation Dept. The cancellation Dept dropped 200 bucks in the drop of a hat, but they said that they would have to send somebody out and I would not get to pick my box. So I said that it still sounds like a bad deal because I might get a box that I don't want. So I asked them If I went to best buy and bought a box would they be able to credit my account the 200 dollars, and they said they would. Than I haggled a little longer and got 6 months free of HD and 2 free months of showtime.

So I saved

200.00 credit on box
66.00 on 6 months free of HD
24.00 on 2 months free showtime

so in ten minutes of being on the phone

I saved 290.00 bucks, so it almost feels like I got my new H-10 box for 10 bucks. (Plus I used my Best Buy Reward Zone card on my purchase so I might even get that 10 bucks back in gift certificates)

Needles to say I'm happy

Just take the box they give you, since you're getting a great deal. Since you're getting it from D* if you have issues, you can always call and complain later to get a different box. From what I've heard the new box has some of the same issues. To be honest, as a 360 owner, the problems are annoying, but not a deal breaker and the features that it has over the new box for me are a better deal. (My tv doesn't have HDMI, I'm a DVI user...)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

drd486rh Receiver rewiew

NBA-HD Ch96

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)