Samsung 360s and local channel info

Status
Please reply by conversation.

MichaelG

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jan 19, 2005
Sugar Land, Texas
I have 2 Samsung 360s and have them connected to basic analog cable (Warner), a SquareShooter and of course D*. I have chosen my local areas in the menu but I don't get the local channel info (from either OTA or cable)on the PG.

Am I doing something wrong? My V* box is connected to the same SquareShooter and it picks up the OTA channel info just fine.

Try another scan for channels. Also look in the Add/Remove channels area of the Antenna/Cable section to see if anything shows in the list. Mine worked OK.

I guess I wasn't really clear but I do get the "list" of local channels, what I mean is that the individual program information is missing. For example, the local ABC affiliates SD broadcast shows the current program name for the time slot but their HD channel doesn't show any program name.

This makes it really difficult to use the Guide to schedule shows listed on these "blank" channels.

The same applies to the local cable channels. The scan picks up the channels but no program name info is listed.

I have rescanned numerous times but only the DirecTV and SD OTA stuff is listed in detail with information.

The local guide information is populated based on the zip code you entered. If it doesn't show the information, you have to remove the zip code and add it back. I had to do this twice when I first got my 360.

Thinking about this more, I remember I did the following:

- Hold menu and right arrow
- Choose commands, default settings
- Re-detect dish
- Go to local networks in the menu and enter zip
- In the list of cities displayed select the right one and push select

There is a thread at AVSForum with over 2000 posts on this and other subjects.

I had trouble seeing all 3 sats and with the local channels. This fixed both.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)