Samsung 60" Plasma or Vizio 60" E600i-B3 LED

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tjguitar

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Aug 23, 2006
I am looking for a new TV. My current TV's are a small-ish Magnavox LCD that's probably like 12 years old and a 42" Sony Bravia. They are both fine, I just want something bigger.

My budget is $800. I can get the Samsung PN60F5300AFXZA or Vizio E600i-B3

I do not watch many movies, never have owned a blu ray player. The bulk of my TV viewing is sports and some tv shows (in HD)

What would you recommend between these two models? (Or something else around this price range)

I do not need any "smart tv" functions, but most TVs seem to have those these days.

You can never go wrong with plasma. I've owned both brands, and will NEVER give Vizio another dime of my money. IMHO, Vizio plasmas aren't made to last. I paid $1100 for a Vizio 50 inch back in the day, and one month out of warranty it experienced the dreaded "pop of death". Vizio told me in so many words to go pound sand. I have 2 Sammys in the house now, and both have been flawless for several years.

Reactions: Jimbo
The Vizio I referenced is an LED/LCD, not a plasma. My Magnavox 26" LCD has lasted well over 10 years and my Sony 40" LCD is 5 years now, it's weird to me to read all these reviews about TVs that don't last. I feel like I put fairly heavy usage on them...

What is the difference between Samsung PN60F5300AFXZA and PN60F5300BFXZA ? BestBuy has the former and NewEgg has the latter.

Most manufacturers have discontinued plasmas. They are not long for this world. There apparently will not be any Plasma UHD TVs.

I've had this TV for about 3 months and it's working fine for me. Not many apps,. but one great bonus is that it can become a wireless RVU client with DirecTV with no added equipment.

Sony KDL60R510A 60"

$700.00 at Walmart.

Most manufacturers have discontinued plasmas. They are not long for this world. There apparently will not be any Plasma UHD TVs.

I agree with this to an extent. Plasmas have served their purpose well. If you only want a good tv, no 4k, etc for sports and movies, plasma is a great value. You can probably find a few good Panasonic panels around...

If you can try to hold off on buying a TV for the next 2-3 weeks. March first is typically when the newer models hit stores resulting in good deals for current inventories.

I agree with this to an extent. Plasmas have served their purpose well. If you only want a good tv, no 4k, etc for sports and movies, plasma is a great value. You can probably find a few good Panasonic panels around...
The Panasonics are pretty much long gone. Samsusngs are the next best bet.

Reactions: Jimbo
If you can try to hold off on buying a TV for the next 2-3 weeks. March first is typically when the newer models hit stores resulting in good deals for current inventories.

Thanks for the tip. I will definitely do this.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)