Samsung BD-C6900XAA 3D Player

teachsac

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Nov 3, 2005
Elk Grove, CA
The first "Full" 3D blu-ray player has hit the market. Although not quite in stores yet, BB is shipping it from their warehouse according to their website. Drawback, requires HDMI 1.4 to take advantage of FULL 3d; there are no 1.4 sets available at this time, and there is no 3D content. Price is $399. Wonder how/if it will work with other TV sets.

S~

I, and expect some others, purchased this along with a Samsung 3d tv, mainly because the 3d Kit (two pairs of 3d glasses and Blu-ray 3d "Monsters vs Aliens") was included for free.

Samsung PN50C7000 $1,544.98
Samsung BD-C6900 $299.00
Samsung 3D Starter Kit SSG-P2100T $309.88
Promotion Applied: -$309.88

Seems to work pretty well, and have lots of apps for streaming from various sources such as Blockbusters and Vudu, plus other apps. One clear negative, only one HDMI output but does include 7.1 analog output. I am using this to connect to my Denon 5800 which doesn't have HDMI anyway. They have announced a BD-C7900 for $50 more (MSRP) that has two HDMI but no 7.1 analog outputs. I believe both Panasonic 3d players have 2 HDMI outputs and 7.1 analog outputs.

With what they call BD-Wise, the player tends to send the video output out in the native video of the disc and lets the TV do any progressive conversion and 1080p upscaling. But you can set the player to do this if you wish. Either way the picture quality seens excellent. I don't have much to compare it to. I Currently use PS3's to my other HD sets but didn't try switching around for a comparison between them.

I see that Amazon is now offering the Starter Kit and the Samsung BD-6900 free with qualifying Samsung 3d TV's.

I have this player now. I bought a new Samsung UN40c7000 LED HDTV and it came with the player and the starter kit. It looks great and the Netflix built in is nice too.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts