SAMSUNG BD-P1400 Blu-ray disc player (On sale)

IcEWoLF

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 31, 2006
Nevada
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG BD-P1400 Blu-ray disc player

The Samsung BD-P1400 Blu-ray Disc player presents the highest-definition playback in the world! Be among the first to view Blu-ray format discs on your HDTV. You’ll marvel at the clarity and full-color spectrum of every scene, while 7.1-channel sound with Dolby TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus, and DTS HD decoding pulls you into the action.
Samsung technology also offers backward compatibility, letting you enjoy your favorite CDs and DVDs, even JPEG and MP3 discs. The BD-P1400 even takes your current DVD library and lets you choose up-conversion to 720p, 1080i, or 1080p, for best performance on your TV.

One HDMI port connects your HDTV Home Theater System or other digital device. The unit is Anynet-compatible, so you can connect it to your other Anynet devices, and control them all with one remote. For future expansion, the BD-P1400 also includes an Ethernet port. You’ve waited long enough to have a disc player that was fit to accompany your HD TV and home theater system. Here it is!

Owner here of the 1400-

The ethernet port still does not work with my latest firmware upgrade. Besides, it only is said to work for the software upgrades which can be done easily enough with a CD. The ethernet port on my Toshiba A30 works for both software as well as accessing the internet for video downloads, and games, and other media related experiences as well as software upgrades depending on the disk features.

I suspect Samsung will have a fix for the 1400 so that the internet isn't so elusive.

More specifically, as a comparison, when I connect my 1400 to the router, it just sits there and does nothing. When I connect the Toshiba A30 the DHCP updates quickly and says I'm connected.

Otherwise, the Samsung BD1400 is a great machine and it has played all my Blue Ray disks flawlessly after the last software upgrade. I am very pleased with it. I got POC in BluRay for Christmas and we watched it last light. No flaws and very impressive performance for the family in my home theater. Prior to that we played Stardust on the A-30 and it played without flaws too. As far as my guests were concerned both formats were identical.

AS for the upconversion, Yes, SD DVD's will upconvert fine on the 1400. I have had some issues with upconversion on the Toshiba player and now use the Samsung for all my SD playback tasks. Some players seem to limit the SD and won't upconvert to 1080p output. All you get is 480p.

Owner here of the 1400-

The ethernet port still does not work with my latest firmware upgrade. Besides, it only is said to work for the software upgrades which can be done easily enough with a CD. The ethernet port on my Toshiba A30 works for both software as well as accessing the internet for video downloads, and games, and other media related experiences as well as software upgrades depending on the disk features.

I suspect Samsung will have a fix for the 1400 so that the internet isn't so elusive.

More specifically, as a comparison, when I connect my 1400 to the router, it just sits there and does nothing. When I connect the Toshiba A30 the DHCP updates quickly and says I'm connected.

Otherwise, the Samsung BD1400 is a great machine and it has played all my Blue Ray disks flawlessly after the last software upgrade. I am very pleased with it. I got POC in BluRay for Christmas and we watched it last light. No flaws and very impressive performance for the family in my home theater. Prior to that we played Stardust on the A-30 and it played without flaws too. As far as my guests were concerned both formats were identical.

AS for the upconversion, Yes, SD DVD's will upconvert fine on the 1400. I have had some issues with upconversion on the Toshiba player and now use the Samsung for all my SD playback tasks. Some players seem to limit the SD and won't upconvert to 1080p output. All you get is 480p.

Thanks for the info Don,

I was set to pull the trigger on this player even before it went on sale. It seems to be able to decode all the sound formats (except for MA) and send it over analog. This is huge for me. I was about to be granted permission from the wife, when all the sudden I went a little to deep into the AVS forum of the product and they started to talk about how this was not playing a lot of newer material. So I guess I withdrew my consideration. Can you offer any insight and verify that I will be happy with the analog outs, since I have no HDMI on my receiver.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts