Samsung DSR 3800 Problems...I dont know what to do

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Test12345

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 11, 2007
Hi, i have a big problem with this satellite. (Telstar 5 is the one i am using). It was working perfectly fine for a long time, and all the sudden, there is no sound. No one did anything to the wires as far as i can tell, so i dont know what the problem is. I checked the menu and obvious things, but i cant figure out what is wrong. i also have a couple other questons...

1)What is the best way to position this (we dont have enough wire, anywhere i can get more)?

2)Is this model very bad and old? If so, what should i get (something cheap please)?

3)i dont know how to upgrade firmware, it says i cannot when i try, but how can i?

4)Any other tips on this?

thanks tons

Are you not getting audio,video or both ??? I have a Samsung as well and it is a known fact that some Samsung models and the HR-20 do not play well together. I get both A/V via HDMI cable then after about 15-20 mins. the audio goes out and will not come back no matter what I do. A few days later both a/v work fine for a few days/week and then will end up with the same pattern all over again.Most of the time I use component cables just in case it is one of those days the two units are not getting alone with one another.As far as how to download the software updates,you hit the red button next to the card slot in the upper right hand corner of the HR20.When the reboot starts who will see " Hello" from DirecTV at that point on your remote hit the 0-2-4-6-8 buttons and the unit should go into a firmware update search.If there is a more current version available it will co-mince downloading automatically.I hope that helps a little and further more I hope I understood your question/problems correctly. Good luck :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts