Samsung Galaxy 3 battery life SUX!

iwannarock1

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 18, 2007
Stern nation
I have Sprint service, and have had my Samsung Galaxy 3 since launch. The first couple months the battery lasted the whole day without any problem. The last couple weeks the batter is down to 20% by noon, and I haven't downloaded anything new that would effect it. It's since the last time the phone did an update, it just sucks. My Girlfriend has one with T-mobile and is experiencing the same thing since a phone update a couple weeks ago. Anybody else experiencing the same thing? It sucks having to throw the thing on the cigarette lighter charger in just 4-5 hours. I would trade back to my Epic 4G if I could, the phone is awesome, but the battery dies way too fast...

Mine has not been that drastic, but I also noticed that I had great battery life at first, and now regularly have to charge it during the day to get a days usage.

i love these updates that are "improvements" yet they screw things up. thankfully mine still going strong just a little less than before after the last update. i read there's another update in the works before we see jellybean (stock).

why have you not put cm10 on your gs3 yet?
Because I have to user Super User by Chaindd to get any permissions to work for some reason and the calendar isn't working correctly. CM is still only doing 5 screens. I love the ringers and the messaging app but phone for me is basically useless at this point. I've never had trouble with CM until now.

Because I have to user Super User by Chaindd to get any permissions to work for some reason and the calendar isn't working correctly. CM is still only doing 5 screens. I love the ringers and the messaging app but phone for me is basically useless at this point. I've never had trouble with CM until now.

What network are you on>

I don't know what's going on.

My wife and I's T-Mobile HTC Amaze phones have experienced the same thing recently. They always lasted at least a day. But they now don't last most of a day.

I went to the football game on Sunday and my phone was dead before the game was even over (about from 2:00-10:00), and I never even used it!

Battery life was my biggest complaint when my wife and I had Android phones. We both started with the Samsung Moment (junk) and moved to the Evo which was a good phone, but again battery life sucked.

Battery life was my biggest complaint when my wife and I had Android phones. We both started with the Samsung Moment (junk) and moved to the Evo which was a good phone, but again battery life sucked.

yep those two were bad with battery life. the moment was a piece of garbage overall.

I had a GS3 on verizon with Cm10 and never had those issues, wonder whats different between the two models that would cause that.

I don't know, calendar will recognize anything so smooth calendar won't work because it depends on default app. I've tried everything, maybe it's because i didn't flash gapps before booting into cm, might try that.

I don't know, calendar will recognize anything so smooth calendar won't work because it depends on default app. I've tried everything, maybe it's because i didn't flash gapps before booting into cm, might try that.

thats it right there! I did that once and had nothing but headaches, flash gapps and come back let me know what you think.

thats it right there! I did that once and had nothing but headaches, flash gapps and come back let me know what you think.

I flashed, it booted, then I went into recovery and flashed gapps. This time I wiped, loaded both, booted, wouldn't find network though. Rebooted, got on mobile network, doing app updates then I'll let you know.

Asa rule Android battery life hass been better than the iPhone. I wonder what is going on here to see show many phones display this behavior.