Samsung Galaxy 3 battery life SUX!

I have had no issues with my battery life and I have had it since it was released. I have yet to add a CM but some of the Apps that came from stock are annoying me and want to get rid of them...so a CM could be in my near future.

I have had no issues with my battery life and I have had it since it was released. I have yet to add a CM but some of the Apps that came from stock are annoying me and want to get rid of them...so a CM could be in my near future.
It sounds like you're rooted. You can use systemapp remover to get rid of that bloat ware.

yeah I acutally went back to stock as cm was causing radio issues and other little things that I couldnt put up with....

yeah I acutally went back to stock as cm was causing radio issues and other little things that I couldnt put up with....

they will perfect it but in the meantime ics stock is so good imo i'm in no rush. android got it right with ics,and jelly bean will be even better. by removing the bloatware and changing to nova launcher, i am more than happy.

I have Sprint service, and have had my Samsung Galaxy 3 since launch. The first couple months the battery lasted the whole day without any problem. The last couple weeks the batter is down to 20% by noon, and I haven't downloaded anything new that would effect it. It's since the last time the phone did an update, it just sucks. My Girlfriend has one with T-mobile and is experiencing the same thing since a phone update a couple weeks ago. Anybody else experiencing the same thing? It sucks having to throw the thing on the cigarette lighter charger in just 4-5 hours. I would trade back to my Epic 4G if I could, the phone is awesome, but the battery dies way too fast...

My wife has the S3 and she always talks about how awesome the battery life is compared to her old Epic. She uses the phone a lot for reading and facebook, etc and I only see her plug it in at night. I know it doesn't last as long as the EVO LTE, but it does a great job. I can have typical usage on my EVO during a workday and after 12 hours I have still have around 75% battery left.

I suspect you have installed something that is keeping the phone awake and/or using data a good bit. You can snag a copy of BetteryBatteryStats over at XDA for free(author gives it for free there) or you can get on the market. It will show you exactly what is keeping your phone awake during the day.

I suspect you have installed something that is keeping the phone awake and/or using data a good bit. You can snag a copy of BetteryBatteryStats over at XDA for free(author gives it for free there) or you can get on the market. It will show you exactly what is keeping your phone awake during the day.
excellent advise. i use this app as well.

Even at the best battery life I would have to charge in the evening if I wanted to use it before bed. I was thrilled to get through a work day and have 15% left over at 5 pm.

Now I am around 15% at 2 or 3, with my normal usage. I will do some checking, but I have all my auto data turned off unless one snuck by. Even have email set to pull instead of push.

Of course, this battery life is typical for me across most phones that I have had, give or take a percentage point here or there.

If I were able to have 75% left over at the end of the day, chances are I am carrying around a truck battery to power the thing. lol.

Even at the best battery life I would have to charge in the evening if I wanted to use it before bed. I was thrilled to get through a work day and have 15% left over at 5 pm.

Now I am around 15% at 2 or 3, with my normal usage. I will do some checking, but I have all my auto data turned off unless one snuck by. Even have email set to pull instead of push.

Of course, this battery life is typical for me across most phones that I have had, give or take a percentage point here or there.

If I were able to have 75% left over at the end of the day, chances are I am carrying around a truck battery to power the thing. lol.

We all knew you talked alot but dang you might need to start carrying a generator behind you at all times :D

msmith198025 said:
:D I may just see if I can get one built into the sucker, now THAT would sell. lol
It could be a chin strap that powered the generator so the more one talked, the more power would be generated!

:D

sounds good! do you use titanium backup? if so restore should be a breeze!
Yeah, I use TB but when you load new ROM's the first time, you either have to have the apk on your card or download it again. I have CM10 working well now. Biggest thing I found for battery life is widgets set to push, etc. My battery life sucked both stock and CM until I took off the streak for cash widget. I changed from a widget to just a shortcut and I heavily used my phone and was around 24 hours on battery yesterday and still had 25% left. Most of these newer phones will have good battery life, it's just want you put on them that makes the battery suck.

Today, I'm at 58% battery in a little over 6 hours. Haven't used a lot, no internet, just tweetcaster (which I'm sure takes a lot of battery) so that's probably my problem. I will look at the settings and try to change.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)