Samsung Receivers Losing Guide Data

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kdarcangelis870

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 5, 2005
I have 2 Samsung SIR-S300W receivers that are losing their guide data about every 3 days. The channel banner says "To be announced" and all of the channels in the guide say "to be announced." I have reset both of them to get the guide data back, but then they lose it after a few days. The interesting thing is, my R15 and H20 do not have this problem. Any suggestions?

Yes, they are plugged in 24-7. I also shut them off when I am not using them (plugged in, but not turned on). I do recall reading something similar to this on the directv's tech forum, and that it was happening not just to samsungs, but to older RCA and philips models too. And I believe someone said Directv was sending the guide data differently than before, and that the older receivers could not handle it. :confused: Has anybody heard of this?

It certainly is a clever way to get people to buy new, updated equipment.

That's exactly what I am starting to think. Right now I am looking at two USED d10 receivers on ebay that are at $.99. If I purchase anything, It will be used and not from directv because #1, I don't want to pay to lease someting, and #2, I do not want to start another contract.

will be interesting to see how it pans out. None of my old receivers are doing it; maybe its a memory size issue? and not all makes have the same amount?

2nd (A2) & 3rd generation (A4) Sony SD and 2 old LG made HD units and 1 Hughes SD (HBH).

Changed out a customers Samsungs couple months ago, only 1 of theirs was doing this, but had been doing it for almost a year and they just finally got fed up with it. Like i said though, was only 1 out of 3.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts