samsung sir t451

It is old but it was a HD tuner if you need one for an old monitor. Samsung has had some of the best ATSC tuners but that is several generations ago.

Need info and advice on this tuner ota box is it worth the money $9.63 it works for now.
I have one and it still works well. It may be a tad more susceptible to multipath than newer tuners. It has a 10 bar signal meter, and a full EPG (NOT just Now/Next) that shows all channels at once (if you wait long enough) or a Mini-EPG that shows only the channel you are on. You can add channels individually without losing other channels or auto scan. It has component output (RGB) and DVI so you can watch in HD. Has composite too for older TVs. Seems to be really well made. I wouldn't take anywhere near as low as $10 for mine. It's worth more than that to me just for the EPG since new TVs don't seem to have them anymore.

DRCars

Last edited:
I got it at goodwill just looking around thought it was a dvd player at first. I did my research on it I seen that it had a decent rating on it but it actually comes with a guide. So you guys think I got pretty good deal? I hated my rca tuner box it sucks I am kind of liking it right now.

If you need an ATSC tuner it is not a bad deal for $10. I wouldn't be interested seeing I've got more tuners than I have boxes to connect. Most have ATSC tuners built in. There are definitely worse investments than $10 for that tuner.

I have a old tube tv in my room that I hooked it up to works well for now. I have 2 tube tvs with tuner boxes on them I love when you are not looking for something it just pops up. I love the epg goes 6 hours plus schedule wish it had a dvr built in.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)