Samsung SIR-TS160 receiver ID#

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

dgerwig

Original poster
Feb 13, 2006
Bought one of these gems thru eBay - hookedit up, called DirecTV and they asked me for the receiver ID#. I've looked high and of course low, on the sys info screen, on the back panel, no ID#. The box was mfg Dec 03 - I don't remember when receivers started comming with ID#s but I'm thinking maybe it was after this box was mfg. Has my memory failed me? Where do I find the ID#?

cheers

David

Mine is on a silver sticker on the back right above the RGB Out port. It is the second line of numbers out of four on the sticker. My box was manufactured in Oct 04. Hope this helps out.

Sorry mine is the TS360. I guess I should try reading first next time.:rolleyes:

The TS160 DOES NOT have an RID number. My buddy just went thru this with Directv. You have to ask for tech support, ask for someone who has been there more than 2 years.
When he tried to activate it the CSR even asked her supervisor because "the computer" asked for it. I got on the phone and gave her a history lesson on DTV's efforts to kill piracy. That the RID number was not initiated until mid to late 2003, along with taking the football cards out of the data stream.

Since all TS-160's were manufacturered BEFORE the RID came into existance it is impossible for it to have one.

CSR turnover at Direc, and apparently supervisor turnover also since none of them have been there more than 2 years.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)