Samsung TS360 Less Sensitive than Sony Box?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

drewc

Original poster
Nov 24, 2004
Hi! New to this group, but I have a very odd situation that I cannot explain...maybe someone on the group can shed some light...
I have recently installed the subject Samsung HD receiver onto a system which is fed from a generic D* Oval 2LNB dish. I had been receiving a very strong (90%+) signal on the old box - a generic Sony B55 sat box - and pleased with the picture on my new Sony 42" LCD projection monitor. Now, upon powering up the Samsung, I am getting at best 60% signal strength (typically 45%-55%)on a variety of the transponders across both A and B satellites. Same coax, same dish, but vastly different signal strength according to the Samsung provided signal strength display utility. In fact, until I installed an RCA inline amplifier, I could not get a solid digital signal at all, which resulted in an extremely pixelated picture. Switching back to the Sony... perfect picture! Anyone else encounter this situation?

- Drew Clark
Samsung TS360 Sat Receiver
Sony Grand Wega KDF-42WE655 TV :confused:

Any difference in sensitivity, regarding receivers, is referring to the OTA portion. AND in my experience, the LG, Sony and Zenith boxes are somewhat better.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)