Samsung TV overscan problem

tawhite

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Feb 24, 2005
The Sunshine State
Have a Samsung HL-T4675S 46" DLP TV that seems to have some significant overscan. I really notice it on the picture from my Dish 622 on HDMI input. I called Samsung and they said certain models have the capability to adjust this but of course mine does not. I would think there would be a setting on the service menu. Anybody know if this can be adjusted? How do you get to the service menu? The overscan seems worse on the bottom.

I'd recommend going over to AVSForum and see if there's a thread for that TV active. I also have a Samsung, different model, and from there found a firmware update for the set that added a 'just scan' option which did 1 to 1 pixel mapping on HDMI 1080 inputs, no overscan at all. Maybe there's something along that line available for your set.

highly doubtful.
Check your satellite / cable box receiver to ensure it is on the correct setting, then make sure that your display is on the correct setting.
Your set will have about 3-4% overscan (which is necessary with RPTV technologies).

Anybody know if this can be adjusted?
There are two parts of this problem.
1. Pixels that are behind the bezel. You can't and won't see them, no matter what you do (unless you use an HTPC where this can sometimes be fixed to some degree).
2. Software overscan: the image is taken by the TV and "zoomed in".
This can sometimes be fixed with a firmware update, how rad mentioned. Depends on the TV set.

Diogen.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)