Samsung's BD-P1500 Blu-ray player release pushed up to April

Wow!! $399 for a 1.1 with complete audio decoding within the player!! Now if Samsung can just get their act together and have this one work well right out of the box - They just might have something!

Wow!! $399 for a 1.1 with complete audio decoding within the player!! Now if Samsung can just get their act together and have this one work well right out of the box - They just might have something!
Also i know a lot do not agree but it should be 2.0 .. The decoding is really cool though!:up

Also i know a lot do not agree but it should be 2.0 .. The decoding is really cool though!:up

I am in a quandry about the 2.0 format. Just what does it add to 1.1 other then online access during movie playback? I am not even sure that the average J6P can navigate or even cares to navigate the internet while watching the movie. The 1.1 is the final format and I understand that the reasoning is that not everyone that buys a player will want to or have the ability to hook up the internet to the player. I believe that BD-Live will just be a nice bump for the feature starved consumer who wants to be able to go online during the movie -- just not sure that it is a neccesary feature. We will have to wait and see how the studios use BD-Live and for what. If it is to get you to a store to purchase stuff you see in the movie -- then no thanks -- 1.1 will be enough.

But if you DO have a way of connecting that Ethernet port up, it's an easy way to upgrade firmware.

But I agree with you. Probably useful to less than half the purchasers today. But it lets others complain about the lack of features- kinda like complaining that not every car has a sun roof.

But does the Samsungs now sport the Ethernet connection now? If so that would mean that this new model would already have the port. I guess the question should now be does it and can you add a memory card to get the player to 2.0 capability?

Do you have any supporting data that MOST people wont connect their player to the net?

Web access at the very least are for updates... and these are not your grandpa's CE device...

Weclome to the 21cent...Refrigerators are even getting net access these days...

Do you have any supporting data that MOST people wont connect their player to the net?

Web access at the very least are for updates... and these are not your grandpa's CE device...

Weclome to the 21cent...Refrigerators are even getting net access these days...

I think they're still saying around half the country still uses dial up.

How many do you think have home networks?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)