San Francisco - East Bay Hills OTA HD Reception

yankov

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 14, 2004
I would like to hear from VOOM users in Concord, Clayton, Walnut Creek,Pittsburg, Antioch, Martinez and surrounding areas. Can you get local channels using VOOM OTA antenna?
I'm about 3 miles away from Mt. Diablo - there is whole bunch of different antennas there, I'm wondering if any of those transmit in HD.
How is the quality of HD and/or SD local channels?
I will become a new user next week and would like to know what to expect from local stations.

I would like to hear from VOOM users in Concord, Clayton, Walnut Creek,Pittsburg, Antioch, Martinez and surrounding areas. Can you get local channels using VOOM OTA antenna?
I'm about 3 miles away from Mt. Diablo - there is whole bunch of different antennas there, I'm wondering if any of those transmit in HD.
How is the quality?
I will become a new user next week and would like to know what to expect from local stations.

Depending on where you live exactly, you may have zero chance on getting and HD locals from the SF with Mt. Diablo in your way. However, you may be able to get some HD locals from Sacramento. Their antenna towers are in Walnut Groove. Check some of the links on this website. You may want to ask VOOM for their best OTA antenna. I think you may need it.

Hey Yankov,
Did you have any luck getting any OTA from either SF or SAC
I am in livermore CA and barly picking up cbs in sac and sometimes getting abc and nbc also in sac..
Havnt given up yet still going to try a few more antennas.
But i would be interested to know if you had any success

I got 0 local channels

axxess said:
Hey Yankov,
Did you have any luck getting any OTA from either SF or SAC
I am in livermore CA and barly picking up cbs in sac and sometimes getting abc and nbc also in sac..
Havnt given up yet still going to try a few more antennas.
But i would be interested to know if you had any success

I got supposetly better antenna, but still not a single local channel from SF, installer called Voom, they re-mapped me to SAC locals and he repositioned the antenna - same result - 0 locals from Sacramento.
I basically gave up on getting locals. My only option is to get basic package from Astound or Comcast, but I'm not sure if I need it that much.

yankov said:
I got supposetly better antenna, but still not a single local channel from SF, installer called Voom, they re-mapped me to SAC locals and he repositioned the antenna - same result - 0 locals from Sacramento.
I basically gave up on getting locals. My only option is to get basic package from Astound or Comcast, but I'm not sure if I need it that much.

Hey Yankov,
My installers were telling me the same thing about Sac would be my only chance...Just went to frys yesterday and replaced the Sensar with a 8 bay 4228 pointed it at sac with some success..a few more channels for the hell of it i pointed it at Sutro (SF) and OMFG i am getting everyting but FOX and i scanned in 20 extra Off air chans.. The antenna is pretty big but not as unsightly as some of the uhf vhf combo's.. to say the least i am very happy right now...

axxess said:
Hey Yankov,
My installers were telling me the same thing about Sac would be my only chance...Just went to frys yesterday and replaced the Sensar with a 8 bay 4228 pointed it at sac with some success..a few more channels for the hell of it i pointed it at Sutro (SF) and OMFG i am getting everyting but FOX and i scanned in 20 extra Off air chans.. The antenna is pretty big but not as unsightly as some of the uhf vhf combo's.. to say the least i am very happy right now...
What is your approximate geographical location?

axxess said:
Livermore
South East of mount diablo
You don't have East Bay Hills between you and Sutro tower.
I'm right next to Mt. Diablo on the North side ( Concord, near corner of Ygnacio Valley Road and Clayton road).
I don't think it is possible to get anything from here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)