Santa Barbara HD Locals Picture Quality ?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

andyin137

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 23, 2008
Lompoc,California
As you may know by now Santa Barbara DMA has finally gotten The HD Locals up in HD and maybe some quirks need to be worked out.The only Channel that looks even halfway decent is KCOY(CBS) the rest picture quality is no better than SD.Is there something I need to do,I would think it was maybe my TV but most of my HD channels are beautiful.
Anyone else think PQ is not so good.

Daytime shows

without checking the network websites, my asumption is that all these daytime shows are SD feeds from the network. I think we should see HD shows in a few hours.

Compared to Another providers HD Locals

without checking the network websites, my asumption is that all these daytime shows are SD feeds from the network. I think we should see HD shows in a few hours.

My Sister who lives across the street has Directv and subscibes to their HD Locals ,so I went over there and did a comparison ,we both have the same HDTV (we both bought at same time last year)Directvs picure is much better on 3 of the locals,about the same on KKF:mad:blurry).
On another note I was watching "Ellen' on KSBY and it advertises that its in HD,looked good at Sisters kind of Blurry on Dish.
Tonite will be the real test as I plan on watching KCOY(CBS) shows and see if there is a difference and then Leno on NBC later on.
But to be fair before I complain to Dish I will give it a few weeks to fix as they just may need to tweak the signal a bit.But still excited to HD in our area.
Buy the way my Sister say "Ghost Whisperer "looks really good in HD cant wait to see and compare the difference.

Well, it's primetime and all of the locals look great in HD to me. Only KSBY doesn't have a show in in HD right now. I just watched Scrubs on KEYT and parts of Lie to Me on KKFX, and they both looked great. I'm happy so far.

Locals look good Now !

I had to do some tweaking to my TV and now its alot better(Receiver was set on 1080,changed to 720)My problem is I was expecting all programming to be in HD(wasnt thinking)Does FOX air much HD(I was checking online hoping to have Sundays Primetime Schedule in HD(Simpsons,King of the Hill ,Family Guy)none of these shows are shown in HD.I know these shows look good in HD as Cartoon Network shows them in HD and they look great.I guess I am disppointed that their isnt as much HD on the Networks as I originally thought,more and more will be added in the future,but still nice to be able to watch some network shows in HD..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)