Sanyo 30'' Widescreen SDTV w/DirecTV trying to use s-video (works) and RCA for audio

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Metroider

Original poster
Nov 18, 2008
So I got the S-video running from my TV to the DirecTV box and the display looks so much better than the coaxial they put in. I am now trying to figure out how to get audio to the TV. I have some RCA cables (red-white) for audio and I am trying to run them from my DirecTV box to the TV. When running them from AV1 or AV2 to the TV's open red-white (by itself, other hookup is the component hookup which is taken for my PS3/xbox) but still no audio. Any ideas here?

Also why the heck did it give me tag error 3 of them, I had to basically make a blank message then edit it for the content?

So I got the S-video running from my TV to the DirecTV box and the display looks so much better than the coaxial they put in. I am now trying to figure out how to get audio to the TV. I have some RCA cables (red-white) for audio and I am trying to run them from my DirecTV box to the TV. When running them from AV1 or AV2 to the TV's open red-white (by itself, other hookup is the component hookup which is taken for my PS3/xbox) but still no audio. Any ideas here?

Also why the heck did it give me tag error 3 of them, I had to basically make a blank message then edit it for the content?

Whatever input # you used on the TV for the S-vid; you will have to connect the audio into the same corresponding #.

P.S. if you post the model # of the TV I can find an image of the patch panel and likely give you a better instruction set. But I think you can get it from the above.

Well I found a fix, I had to take out the component audio hook-ups and it worked
(So much for using component for gaming and the other input for audio)

Yep, that is exactly what #2 states; not all ports on the TV can be "hot" at the same time with the s-vid / component in use.

I would recommend adding a A/V switching receiver.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts