Sanyo Plasma TV's

dfergie

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Anyone had problems with these? My Aunt called me yesterday and said their satellite had went out so I gathered up an extra LNB and my tools went out there and the problem was a 50" Sanyo Plasma HDTV bought 1 year ago from yesterday's picture had went out... I did all I could do and called the 1-800 number for them. Doing a little bit of search it looks like this could be a problem for many of these models... Btw they live 21 miles out of town (on deeded land that was part of my Uncle's Ranch) and paid for what they thought was going to be HD service... a D-11 Directv receiver hooked up with coax.:rolleyes:

Sorry to hear that. My friend Kevin has one and it flickers every few days. Sometimes it goes out completely but comes back on after 30 seconds or so. He turns it off for a while and then it may not do it again for a couple of days. It's been my experience that when it comes to electronics, 9 times out of 10, you get what you pay for.

Geez.

I can say the board repair on my panny plasma by plasma concierge and the local rep, was as pleasant as possible.

Big negative was Gregg had to drive down from DC in Friday Hampton Roads traffic to do the recalibration. We fed him Chick Fil A though ;)

Spared every expense on that meal, eh? ;)

They do make good sandwiches. And you know you won't get soaked on the bill, unlike where I ate last night.

Back to Sanyo. I've looked around, and am quite surprised that they are still widely available. They have such a bad rep, you'd think retailers would stop carrying them.

Waffle cut. Kinda strange. But I'm not big on fries anyway. Not since that Scottish restaurant stopped using beef tallow to fry them in. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)