Sat 101 Missing signal

Status
Please reply by conversation.

aerial1

Original poster
Sep 14, 2006
It is cold here in Northern Indiana . Around 9 to 10 degrees. I have the slimline with the 4 output lnb. I heard this is a problem lnb. Yesterday I got another slimline 4 output lnb and The same thing but worse. The odd trans. on the 101 only is 0 but the evens are 93 to 100 . I disconnected the b - band converter behind the receiver and all 101 trans. are in the high 90's to 100. Both lnb units I have are the WNC brand. Actually the old LNB at least gave me signal levels 43 to 50 on the odd trans.Can I put a 3 foot heat tape around the LNB for a warmer ? What is the solution to this mess?

Andrew LNB

Got a hold of a Direct installer at lunch today and told him my issue, He knew all about the WNC brand lnb for the slimline dish. He told me that the WNC brand had problems with the cold and the WNC model had problems interfacing with the b -band converter as well .He gave me a new andrew brand 4 output lnb. I just installed it and it solved the problem . My lowest odd trans. with the WNC brand 17 was 54. Now with the andrew brand lnb it is 96. I asked him about the eagle Aspen and he said they were using them as well. Also the older SWM single out put unit had cold weather issues as well. They have the new version SWM and it will take below zero temps. better . Thanks again for getting me on the right track.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)