Sat 110 and 119 on 2 satellites ??

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Thecarguy

Original poster
Sep 6, 2013
vt
Ok
Not very good with this stuff so hope someone can help?? I have a problem with trees blocking my satellite signal 110 in the summer and I can not cut the trees as they are on my neighbours property. I have cleared many trees on my side and install a second dish to the right of my first dish. i can pickup 119 on the left dish and have aligned 110 on the right dish. My first lnb is a Dish pro plus with 3 connectors. my new sat is a Twin connector. i have 2 cables going to my first dish.I used an old sat receiver to setup my second dish to align 110. My receiver I am using is a Dish pro 322 sat 1 and 2 in connection. I was trying to hookup the second satellite but seem to have come down to a I dont know what I am doing thing. I understand there is a switch that has to be activated in the Lnb so I know I cant hook 119 on one side and 110 on the other. I tried hooking my second sat to the in port on my first Dish , but that wont work.Can someone help me with this setup. There has to be someway to get this thing working with 2 sats?? So right now I have the first Dish Hooked up to my receiver port 1 and 2 off of my Dish Pro Plus 1 and 2 connected . My wife and I watch different shows so works great in the Fall and Winter. The second sat in hitting 110 satellite twin. HELP PLEASE.

Last edited:
When you say 'twin' on the 2nd dish do you actually mean twin or do you mean dual LNB. Some pictures would be extremely helpful for everyone to give you a hand. What you need is a DP dual or single LNB on the 2nd dish you have and then feed that into the DPP twin on the 1st dish. Set the skew to 0 on the 1st dish so you are only receiving the 119 and nothing from the 110. The 2nd dish goes to the 'LNB In' port on the 1st.

Yes, pics would help just to be sure we are talking about the same thing. But it can be done, similar has been many times by many people. As aaronwt6 pointed out I believe it is important that 119 only sees 119.

If you need to get rid of your neighbor so you can cut down trees, here are the steps....... Oh, wait, not appropriate? :D

Am I missing something? If the right dish can see 110, then move the Dish Pro Plus to the right position. Unless there is a narrow window in the trees and the right dish can't see 119.

Eastern Arc Sats

Since you list your location as Vermont, you might stand a better chance of reception using an Eastern Arc (sats 61.5, 72, and 77) setup.

Sat 110 and 119 on 2 satellites ?? Thank You guys.

OK Thank you guys for the info, but I still don't under stand how I would hook that 110 sat up. So this is what I did. standing behind the First dish there was a big Maple tree I was reluctant to cut. I got a little ticked off and cut it down. Bang wife yelled out that I had 68 on 119 and 74 on 110. All channels working.
PS almost got the power line with that tree as it was leaning toward the house. Man am I glad that's over as I was driving my wife nuts. Thanks again:popcorn

Tampa8 Good thing it didn't land on the neighbours car. :)

You need a DPP33 switch or a DPP44, run each line from each 119 and 110 dish/single DP lnb's into the switch then a single line right into the receiver's separator or two lines from the switch into each port for the 322 doesn't matter which. You could also use a 34 switch but that would certainly require two lines into the 322 and not the use of the separator.

dvrexpander
So anyway I think I just lost my last post to ya. So I will try again:mad:
So what you are telling me is I could use 2 single lnbs one on the 110 dish and one on the 119 and then use a 34 switch without a separator going to my 332 receiver?? Iam cheep so I was trying to use the twin lnbs but you said I could use the 44 switch with my setup I have now?? :) Well I cut that tree and hit the 110 and 119 on the first dish,so now I have a dish setting there for nothing. Not sure what other sat I could hit with it??
Thanks Again.

Last edited:
So this is what I did. standing behind the First dish there was a big Maple tree I was reluctant to cut. I got a little ticked off and cut it down. Bang wife yelled out that I had 68 on 119 and 74 on 110. All channels working.

Good grief you don't have to cut it completely down! Was that a sugar maple, by the way? I have one of those in northern VA, and I've topped it to good effect. Lasts about 4 years before it encroaches again. I eventually went with Eastern Arc since I'm all HD DVRs here.

dvrexpander
So anyway I think I just lost my last post to ya. So I will try again:mad:
So what you are telling me is I could use 2 single lnbs one on the 110 dish and one on the 119 and then use a 34 switch without a separator going to my 332 receiver?? Iam cheep so I was trying to use the twin lnbs but you said I could use the 44 switch with my setup I have now?? :) Well I cut that tree and hit the 110 and 119 on the first dish,so now I have a dish setting there for nothing. Not sure what other sat I could hit with it??
Thanks Again.

If you are using DPP twins on both, which has the switch built in, the switches could be causing a conflict. You can use an DP single on one dish for 110 and run that line to the DPP Twin on the other dish. You can cover the 110 side of the twin lnb, then run check switch. This should work in your situation. You can always keep the second DPP Twin as a backup.

I know I really did not want to cut that tree but its to late now. I tryed to top it, but It was to scary for me to climb that far up. So its next years fire wood now :D I have alot of sugar Maples here, so not a big deal really just kinda of a shame really.:popcorn:coffee

You could aim the other at 129, but you need a single LNB to tie into the Twin 119/110 switch.... at least getting 129 you are prepared for HD if you feel like upgrading equipment. A single DP LNB are dirt cheap on ebay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)