Sat 110 or Hopper with Sling Issues?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

tcreek

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 23, 2007
North Pole, Alaska
I have been having issues with recording local channels for the past few days. Locals are on the 110 sat. When I select a local channel from the guide, I'll get the large signal lost message. After a few seconds, the channel will appear, and I can record whatever is showing. But when I schedule a recording on a local channel, it does not record. If I look at the TV Activity screen, I see tuner 3 is showing the PrimeTime Anytime channels, but none are recording.

Running a Test Installation, and everything is Ok. Same with Check Status.

Checked the dish and no snow or ice on them.

I'm running out of options as to what could be wrong. And why it only started a few days ago.

Any suggestion on what else to check?

I note that you are in Alaska. There seems to be something going on up there with the spotbeams. Dish just moved many Alaska locals to a conus beam, SD only, earlier in the week. Whatever is going on is being worked on, I'm sure, and things might get better sooner than later...

Reactions: pattykay
I note that you are in Alaska. There seems to be something going on up there with the spotbeams. Dish just moved many Alaska locals to a conus beam, SD only, earlier in the week. Whatever is going on is being worked on, I'm sure, and things might get better sooner than later...

What ever they did has messed up both HD and SD channels. Hope they get it fixed soon as the wife is getting very upset about missing the NCIS shows.

They just did a new uplink that involved Fairbanks and Anchorage channels. These uplinks are on spotbeams. Maybe you’re fixed?

They just did a new uplink that involved Fairbanks and Anchorage channels. These uplinks are on spotbeams. Maybe you’re fixed?

Not yet. Set a CBS recording for 12:30 and while it shows in TV Activity as being recorded on tuner 3, with 0 minutes remaining. No red light on the HWS, and no icon in the DVR.

The Fairbanks and Anchorage channels in that uplink report are still in testing. (listed as Available - Limited)
tcreek, what is your signal strength on satellite 110, transponder 11?