Sat 119 even but no odds

moonfly

Original poster
Sep 14, 2009
US
Hi all. I have a legacy 4900 receiver and a Twin 500 LNB.

I'm getting good signal on Sat 110 on both even/odd, strength is 100-110 on all. Sat 119 I'm getting 95-110 on the evens, however the odds on 119 are barely pulling anything. Tps 13 and 15 bounces from 49 - 0 constantly, tps 19 will lock at 48 and remain steady.

Dish is within 10 feet from receiver (literally on other side of wall). I have no splitters or barrels, and tried another rg6 cable direct with no success. I have re-peaked the dish to no success on the odds. I've also tried running the cable to the second B connector on the twin. Also there are no obstructions, back yard is like a hay field.

Is the LNB bad in this case? I do have a dishpro LNB laying here but no adapter, so I'd have to buy one to try that LNB.

Thanks for any help.

Yes, I'd call out either the LNB or the internal switch in the twin. You need either another legacy twin, or two legacy duals with a SW21, or a DishPro twin with DishPro adapter, or a DishPro Plus twin which accepts legacy receivers.

Just a follow up, it was the LNB. I got an adapter for my dishpro LNB, and I got full signal almost on every transponder on both sats.

Thanks guys.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)