sat 123 w

Status
Please reply by conversation.

robrah48

Original poster
Jul 2, 2009
alabama
I am new to fta and I would like to get sat 123, I have a cs 5000 receiver and an oval primestar dish with 2 lnb each having a horizontal and vertical output.The dish has a skew plate. I live in south alabama and would appreciate any help on setting the receiver and dish to get this sat.
Thanks,robrah48

Is your dish up already? If not, be sure you have it on a perfectly plumb,vertical pole. You'll need to have an active transponder freq selected on your receiver to locate the satellite. The List, top of page here, will give you those freqs. 11720vertical, 11800 vertical are the ones with the most channels. Pick one of those to tune with, as they are pretty strong signals. dishpointer.com will give you the aiming coordinates, be sure to adjust the skew setting also, which will be in the 20-30 range depending on your longitude. Then its just a matter of slowly panning dish right and left in the gen direction of 123 while watching the signal meter. It takes time, move the dish small amounts at a time. Also, with those 2output lnbs you will need a 3x4multiswitch to get both polarities.

Thanks for the info. Will I need to do anything to the cs 5000 receiver settings?
Thanks for your help.
Robrah48

//

Don't know which settings you mean, those round primestar lnbfs are standard type, LO freq 10750 so if you have that set already you should be good to start signal-hunting.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)