Sat 129 can"t find

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

pansat2

Original poster
Nov 3, 2010
Pa.
Thanks for letting me post,I'm trying to find Sat 129 I'm in north central Pa. I'm using a dish pro 500 dish with 110 +119 lmb I don't care about 110 I can get 119 easy, is 129 out of footprint. please let me know. my zip code is 15861 Thanks so much

If you are a using a 500 dish, you will only get 2 sats at a time 119/110 or 129/119

129 has very low elevation on the east coast. In your zip it is probably around 19-20 degrees

You can't not care about 110W. Not seeing 110W is a show stopper for a Western Arc installation such as you seem to be proposing.

If you've got something that you think is a stroke of absolute genius in mind, you should ask if it will work before you commit to trying to implement it. It may turn out to be an entirely different kind of stroke.

Thanks for reply I have 110 on other dish, would like to get 129 + 119 on this 500 dish, if you could give me skew and elavation it would be great if you think I can get it. Thanks

Well as far as I know you can use the receiver to tell you skew and elevation, set it to that, then move the dish 10 degrees west.

As you can tell from the sat numbers, 110 and 119 are 9 degrees apart, which the 500 is designed for. If you try to point to the 119 and 129 (10 degrees apart) you are going to get low signal

As you can tell from the sat numbers, 110 and 119 are 9 degrees apart, which the 500 is designed for. If you try to point to the 119 and 129 (10 degrees apart) you are going to get low signal

that little difference (1/2 a degree either way) isnt going to make much of a signal difference...we have folks using a D500 for 61.5 & 72.7 which is 11 degrees and it works fine

Yea its not extremely low, but if you don't get a great point you can easily get below thresholds. Much better off just doing it right and using a triple

Well as far as I know you can use the receiver to tell you skew and elevation, set it to that, then move the dish 10 degrees west.
Both the skew and elevation will be off. The skew probably won't be a problem, but the elevation is going to be about 4.5 degrees high. The change in azimuth is about 9.3 degrees west.

The elevation of 129W would be 20 degrees so that's not too bad.

Again, none of this changes the fact that you can't do a WA install without 110W.

Why dont you point the 500 you want for 119/129 to 110/119, and swing the other over to just the 129, just a thought.
I think this would also allow you to use a DPP Twin to possibly avoid using an external switch. I don't think the DPP Twin will work correctly if it isn't seeing 110W.

It will still work, its just better to use it the way its designed for and run your wing dish into the plus twin

Well if he points the 500 at 110/119 and the wing dish at 61.5 he won't have all the HD channels.

You can use a Dish 500 as a 1000 by using the single DP in one of the Y bracket slots while using one of the DPP holders in the other Y bracket slot which would allow half of the DPP to hang out over the edge. I have done this and it has worked.

I am curious, how much of an improvement does a Dish 500 gain you for 129? How about a SuperDish? Some people are having weak 129 signals around here.

Well if he points the 500 at 110/119 and the wing dish at 61.5 he won't have all the HD channels.

Why not? Regular HD channels are simulcast to the 61.5, but chances are since he is in EA market his HD locals may not be available on 129. I have done plenty of 61.5 add-ons just for the HD locals

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts