sat 61.5

bighick

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 13, 2008
Omaha, Ne
I am in the Omaha, NE dma. zip 68144.

It appears that i am supposed to have my HD locals now and when i click on one of the HD it says they are on sat 61.5. When i go to my point dish and look at 61.5 it says wrong sat echostar 119. Am i getting screwed? I just got this dish a month ago.

Edit- just got done with dish nets chat support.
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif](24DrDcb) Morgan M: You will require and new satellite and location for these HD locals.
nick hruby: What does that mean?
(24DrDcb) Morgan M: Unfortunately it does look like the choices for the new satellite and location to be installed would be to either restart your commitment and the price is 59.95 or with not restarting your commitment and the price is 99.95. For either if these to be done you do have to call in to the 1-800-333-3474 to talk to a agent and set the install up over the phone.
[/FONT]
spacer.gif

Is there anything I can do myself or do I have to pay Dish Network to do this? I mean I do not see what the problem is when I have had the dish for a month.

Last edited:
I have no idea what you are talking about. Yes though i saw a box that said like 1000.4 or something during install. I have 110 119 and 129.
input
1 2 3 4
119 110 129 X
1k2 1k2 1k2 X
no super dish and no alernate

Find you a used Dish 500 off eBay with a Dish pro twin or pro single lnb and hook it up yourself.

Probably cost you $30-40 - wag.

or try playing CSR Roulette keep calling until you find a CSR that will give you a free 61.5 install for extending your commitment for the month you have already had the service.

Last question, will I gain anything from the second dish? I only have 1 hd tv and have an OTA antenna on it. I am guessing that in bad weather the OTA will work better than the dish so unless I will gain anything else i may just not worry about it. Then again I read somewhere that the 129 is (going bad?) not working 100%. Would that mean if that fails that all of the 129 will go to the 61.5?

What will you gain? Hard to tell, if your receiver is a dvr unit you can record an OTA program through the receiver while watching another OTA one should your sat signal lower to the point of not being able to watch. 129 is not going bad, there are areas with problems keeping an acceptable signal causing interuptions while viewing. Should 129 (or any of the sat locations for that matter) go down, Dish has backup sats either in the location or move into the needed location(s) and be able to have them up and running in hardly any time at all.

When my locals 1st became available in HD (on 61.5) I called and they installed another dish for FREE and NO COMMITMENT. They never even mentioned either. Call 'em. They should take care of it, especially since it's only been a month since you signed up. I get them OTA as well but it's great to have them both ways.

Ed

Just switched the 129 dish to the 61.5 and did a check switch and it picked it up.
Got my locals in HD on the satellite. Picture is great. Better than paying 60.00 dollars to have someone come out to do it. Later Boneman

Last question, will I gain anything from the second dish? I only have 1 hd tv and have an OTA antenna on it. I am guessing that in bad weather the OTA will work better than the dish so unless I will gain anything else i may just not worry about it. Then again I read somewhere that the 129 is (going bad?) not working 100%. Would that mean if that fails that all of the 129 will go to the 61.5?

Try emailing ceo@echostar.com and tell them your problem. They might help you. Or you can always, do the cancel service and when you hit the retention department they will most likely do a new install for no committment. I was all set to switch to D*; had an install appointment set up etc. When I called to cancel, told them I was switching because of certain hd programing I couldn't get on E* (msg-hd family of channels). They made it worth my while to stay with E*. They gave me $15 off a month for the next year with no committment on my part, basically paying for my sub to NHL Center Ice.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts