Sat. (A) problems--please help!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

staaby29

Original poster
Jul 12, 2005
I have had DTV for a little over a year with no problems to speak, of really. But for the last month or so I have noticed pixellation and signal breakup problems on what I guess are Sat A channels--most noticeably on BBC America. It seems to be getting worse. I checked my signal strength and am getting readings in the 40s on most Satellite A transponders. My B and C readings are in the 80s to 100. I have a Samsung 80-hr DVR and a regular Hughes receiver. The picture is the same on both receivers so I know it's not a receiver problem. My triple lnb dish shoots over some trees which I believe to be mature and no longer growing.

Is it possible that the trees are interfering with the line-of-site if just my Sat. A readings are bad? Could the problem be something else? Maybe a transponder was knocked loose in a storm? We get some major winds here. If that is the case, which transponder would be involved?

Also: If I have to have a DTV installer come out to take a look what do they charge? What if I need to have the dish moved? The guy that originally installed it hadn't been doing it very long. He (and I) assumed that the dish would point southwest (I live in Kansas)--instead it points Southeast, and like I said earlier, over some trees.

Any help anyone could give me would be appreciated.

Doh!

I din't mean transponder knocked loose, I meant an lnb knocked loose. (I'm not an idiot, really!!)

TYork: Satellite A is which satellite--the furthest east or west?

we dont space walk, if a transponder got loose it would be an astronaut not a tech fixing it,

if you are in kansas, the sats are southeast, draw a line thru corpus christi, tx

t york,,how are you?? thought voom was forever? well well guess who was right? :shocked

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Alternative Wiring to Terk D* MultiSwitch

MTV Desi to Debut on DirecTV

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts