Status
Please reply by conversation.

phlatwound

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Dec 25, 2007
Goosapeak Junction
Don't know if this has been posted before but I ran across this site while sat-site surfing today. I don't have a clue what 99.9% of this stuff is but I'm sure some of you do, and maybe you can get some use from it. The first one in the list seems to be a method of determining satellite locations from the position of the sun, pretty cool.

Online Satellite Calculations - 20©07 Jens T. Satre

regular aiming calculators, only

All those calculators will probably be very useful just as soon as I figure out what to do with 'em ...
...and if one will help me put F/D marks on the side of my unmarked C-band LNBf, I'll be really happy. - :up

...I post the following for future explorers who find this thread:

I also am very fond of the GeoSatPro aiming calculator Iceberg mentioned above.
One of its strengths is the PDF printout it can give, listing all the birds you can see.

The calculator here at SatGuys is close to home and handy.
It's bundled with one of the better satellite lists, too.

The one on the Sadoun site includes an overhead view map, and other features.
I don't personally use the overhead map, but he has probably the best motor setups, with a wide selection of motor models.

All are quite wonderful in their own right, and for many tasks, I don't discriminate.
I can't say that any one of them is the -best- overall, though some will like a particular feature that another doesn't have.
That's just personal preference. ;)

Oh, and sometimes instead of going to a web site, I use this stand-alone tool, which is based on JAVA.
SatFinder is probably not for everyone, but it's still available on my desktop for whenever the mood strikes me! - :cool:

"Satellite Antenna Alignment" is a desktop program that you can use to setup a dish you know nothing about. It will calculate the offset angle for a dish so you can use an inclinometer to set the elevation. You can download it for free here:
SAT - Satellite Antenna Alignment (Satellite Dish Alignment)
Bob

Thanks Bob, I didn't realize that the offset angle was in direct relation to the dimensions of an offset dish, very interesting. As far off as the scales on some of these dishes are, this could be pretty handy, I'd rather use an inclinometer anyway.:up

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)